Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | PacTerm98 Help

Reviews Summary for PacTerm98
PacTerm98 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description:
More info: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/352

You can write your own review of the PacTerm98.

KC4IVG Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2003 18:59 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought a Kantronics KAM XL and checked reviews and looked around the net and decided to just go ahead and buy the PACTERM 98 Software (Version 1.7) a week ago. I didnt even try the demo version.

I have to say its suprisingly easy to use if you know anything about WINDOWS at all.

It covers every mode in the KAM XL with a simple mouse click. All the other settings are easy! Ive had it a week and used every mode except NAVTEX and its simple to use and has tons of nice features!

Setting it all up is also very simple! I was up and running without help within 3 minutes of getting the registration code. Within an hour and a half I had made 6 contacts in 5 HF modes without a fumble! So far its a 5+!!

I'll use it a while and write a more detailed review in a month or two.

If you havent been into digital modes on HF by all means you need to take your time and read the manual as you go....Theres a lot to an ALL mode tnc and this program but learning it all is fun!

Rick Ruhl and CSS are great to deal with and the only question I ever had to email him he answered within minutes. It turned out not to be a problem with the software but my mistake instead.

KF2OY Rating: 1/5 Jun 18, 2003 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Frustrating Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software sure was not easy to get working properly with a KAM+. I downloaded the 30 day trial version and all I could successfully do was copy packet on the VHF port. I was unabled to reliably copy RTTY or the other HF modes, save CW.

The help files with the program assume an in depth knowledge and are frustrating when trying to solve problems. I give up!

WE2K Rating: 0/5 Dec 10, 1999 16:56 Send this review to a friend
It is the worst software to use for RTTY mode  Time owned: unknown months
It is not a good piece of software for using in the rtty mode. The VHF for packet mode is all OK but could stand some definate changes to be able to use in the rtty mode for my money.