Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage B-320-G Amp Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage B-320-G Amp
Mirage  B-320-G Amp Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $479.95
Description: 5w in 200w out 2 Meter Amp AM,FM,SSB,CW.

You can write your own review of the Mirage B-320-G Amp.

K1YXP Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 09:29 Send this review to a friend
WORKS VERY WELL   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I see it has been quite some time since a review has been posted. I am very satisfied with this amp, however, I did start out with the 2518 model that is supposed to put out 160 watts with 25 in. It was a Christmas present from my wife. It did not put out the 160 as advertised. I immediately called Mirage and spoke with Richard. He asked me to fax a copy of my invoice which I sent him within a hour. He stated he would send me a replacement no questions asked. I asked him about upgrading to the B-320-G which was no problem UPS delivered my new amp and it is a great performer. I am very impressed with the service provided by Mirage/MFJ. If you ever call Mirage ask for Richard, I am sure you will be impressed with their customer support.

W9YNZ Rating: 0/5 Feb 21, 2013 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Not working out of the box!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my B-330-G brand new and received it on 2/12/13.
Right out of its original shipping box I noticed that the pre-amp did not work as advertised. After applying power from my Ft-2200 (starting with low power first) and increasing gradually to the recommended 50 wts max, the amplifier never even reached 100 wts output ( using a 50amp power supply). After a few minutes use the amplifier popped them released much smoke from its casing. I quickly removed the amp from service and replaced with my old reliable Mirage 3016 amplifier which I bought new many years ago and has never failed me. I don't believe the newer Mirage amps contain the quality as the old models. I returned amp to store for full refund.

K5DDM Rating: 4/5 Oct 22, 2009 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a B320G from HRO last week, and received it promply. However, my heart fell after I hooked it up and got nothing out. After 3 hours of troubleshooting,and numerous patch cords, I decided that the problem was internal to the amp. I hooked an antenna analyzer to it with power off, and a dummy load to the output. The circuit was intermitenly shorted when the input connector had any pressure applied to it. I called, and HRO agreeded to take it back but I decided to just fix it myself. It turned out to be a big blob of solder on the input SO239.(Photos available) A bit of desoldering braid and a hot iron and it was like new. I am rating this amp a 4 because of the quality control and price. It performes as advertised, and the output power in the other reviews was equaled at 245 Watts with 50 Watts drive. The massive heat fins hardly get warm with intermittent use. Great amp , minus the quality control problem.The selectable Hi-Lo input switch makes this a very versitale amp, but the price should be a bit lower.

K7ULS Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2009 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Coupled with a M2-2M12 S5 in Colorado 422 miles
240 watts out 50 watts in. I also worked IK1UWL via EME at moonrise with this setup.

N3MIQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2005 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Over 200 Watts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the B-320-G in my truck for 3 weeks. It works just fine. 18 watts input gets you 150 watts out. 50 watts input, 240 watts out!!!!!!!