Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Trident HFV 1 Help

Reviews Summary for Trident HFV 1
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $150
Description: Vertical antenna based on the Chelcom HFV1 covers 80 - 10 meters

You can write your own review of the Trident HFV 1.

G4ICB Rating: 0/5 Oct 29, 2007 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Expensive junk!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one in 2004, it was completly useless, an expensive dummy load, despite the advertisers claims
(dont belive all the stuff the advertisers tell you)
It's well costructed but that's all I can say about it
I notice it's no longer advertised. It now lays on my junk heap. I suppose it it would make a good tree support!

GM7USC Rating: 0/5 Sep 5, 2003 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy unless you are able to install a good RF Ground syste  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have to admit my views of the trident antenna are very pessimistic as this antenna requires an excellant ground system for it to work. In my situation and experiance it makes an excellant dummy load. I've tried various solutions to create an effective ground but without this the antenna functioned has as an excellant dummy load.
The only good points that I can say about this antenna is it is easy to assemable and install, tunes nicely on a atu on all bands.
In conclusion this is definately not an antenna for those people limited by planning constraints or without the real estate for a good RF ground