Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | West Mountain Radio RIGrunner 4008 Help

Reviews Summary for West Mountain Radio RIGrunner 4008
West Mountain Radio RIGrunner 4008 Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$79.95
Description: A RIGrunner is the most convenient and safest way to connect all your 12 VDC equipment to a power source. It is a 13.8 VDC power panel that uses the excellent Anderson PowerPole connectors. Standardize all of your 12 VDC connections using the amateur radio ARES & RACES, RSGB, ARRL PowerPole system. The RIGrunner 4008 is rated at 40 amps maximum and has 8 outlets. It has precision indicators of over or undervoltage with an audible alert. Each outlet is fused with blown fuse illumination.
More info: http://www.westmountainradio.com

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio RIGrunner 4008.

W0RUS Rating: 4/5 Jan 9, 2015 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After returning a MFJ panel that was defective. I decided to go with the RIGrunner. Solid unit with 8 positions for my shack.
Paid $120 as of yesterday at a major outlet. This price included a 8 gage jumper to connect to your power supply. Also included some power poles for you to assemble and hook up any none power pole power cords you may currently have.
These panels are a nice way to organize your connections plus have added protection, rather than have your poles on your supply stacked with several power leads nearly crossing your positive with the negatives.

N0IKD Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 18:24 Send this review to a friend
It's working for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My radio shack is in an off grid cabin where everything runs off 12vdc.
Purchasing the rigrunner and a bag of powerpoles simplified my life considerably. Besides my Ham rigs I also power a small LED TV, AM/FM stereo and Sirius Satelite radio receiver. I chopped off the wall warts and spliced on the powerpoles. Even the LED and CFL lighting runs through the rigrunner. This is not a big home. It is a very small cabin with all of these items occupying a corner of the room. Not fancy but very efficient and much safer with the rigrunner. I soldered the connectors and have had no issues assembling them or with them "falling out". I am quite pleased with the 4008 and will be purchasing a 4012 when I run out of outlets.

K0LTZ Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2013 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not sure how I got by without one before. Works flawlessly, and I got mine used! If you use powerpoles, you need this!

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 04:39 Send this review to a friend
Like a rock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just like the Astron power supply that feeds it, this eight-position rig runner just keeps on doing what it's supposed to. Can't ask for anything more! Had mine for about ten years, now.

KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2009 06:48 Send this review to a friend
hard at 1st  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well , I have to say at 1st I did not like the power poles but when I put 2 or 3 togther it got easy and worked very nice . This is my 1st rigrunner and I have to say im hooked !!!
I have a FT-2800m , FT-8800R & my IC-706MKIIG
And i love it . The one I got is the new 4005H
and im running the rigrunner off my Astron RS-50M . It's nice to have only one set of wires hooked to the Astron . I say if you have never used a rigrunner get one , but take your time the 1st one you do will not work out all that well but when you start knowing what your doing you will love it ..
73s all KJ4EOZ

N5CSU Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2008 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded to the 4008 when I ran out of slots on the 4005! Both have operated flawlessly for several years. Highly recommended.

WA1DMX Rating: 3/5 Nov 10, 2008 22:59 Send this review to a friend
OK But  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the 12 position version.
The 12 v input wire which is a 10 or 12 guage wire keeps popping off the input connector while installing other connectors. I have the wire itself tye-wrapped to the power supply case so it doesn't move!!!
I wouldn't recommended this product for mobile use!!!
Otherwise.... sure beats wiring in-line fuses for each device.
Needs improvement on the method of "locking" the connectors together.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2008 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Works great in this shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the West Mountain Radio RIGrunner 4008 with Anderson Powerpoles for five years now with no problems. In the shack I have 3 HF radios a scanner and VHF/UHF rig plus other equipment and a backup battery all equipment connected to the Rigrunner. Keeps things well organized and simple. I can't imagine operating without this setup. Highly Recommend!

VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2006 03:06 Send this review to a friend
Very well made  Time owned: more than 12 months
This power panel is very practical.

The individual outlets and fuses work great. The indicator lights and alarm function as described.

This is a great safety measure and allows multiple connections to a power supply.

VE6XL
www.ve6xl.ca

K4GLU Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2006 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The units are great. Not only do I have a 4008 I also have a 4005 & 4012. Well built and far better than anything from MFJ. Anderson Power Poles are also excellent and while I'll have to admit it took doing a few to catch on they are now easy. You're better off soldering these instead of crimping. If you solder and run short they can be used over again - I've already done it. As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with any of the RIGrunners or the Anderson Power Poles!