Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TM-331A 222 MHz (1.25 cm) Band Mobile Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TM-331A 222 MHz (1.25 cm) Band Mobile Radio
Kenwood TM-331A 222 MHz (1.25 cm) Band Mobile Radio Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $$499.95
Description: This is a rugged and compact transceiver with features that guarantee reliable performance. Its easy-to-read illuminated keys and large LCD display are designed for visibility in bright sunlight or nighttime conditions. You can choose from several scan modes and also two scan stop modes. This is a single bander (220 MHz) you can rely on.
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood.cfm?do=ProductDetails&ProdID=5009&Group=5

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TM-331A 222 MHz (1.25 cm) Band Mobile Radio.

KT4NR Rating: 4/5 Oct 31, 2012 18:41 Send this review to a friend
Great little rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this a few years ago for a cheap used price. I used it mostly for special events until recently. Now I just wish there were more folks on 220 because its a nice quiet band.

Radio is not the most intuitive to use thus the 4. I've not had any real major issues with it. It runs at a reasonable temperature and has good audio. Speaker is pretty easy on the ears as well. Not a huge power hog when used portable and gives plenty more power than you need for most of the jobs I have used it for repeater or simplex.

Good rig if you can find it in your price range.

WI2Q Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2005 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Best 220 rig I've had  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yea, it's overpriced and yea, it's not the latest.... but I've had it for several years now and it's performed flawlessly! Not every radio is made the same... I'm sure some of them were with problems, but mine.... I would like to get the 440 version some day....

W6PMR3 Rating: 2/5 Jun 14, 2004 22:25 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been on and messing with 220 for years and bought this at a time when it was the only game it town. Kenwood is nuts to charge five hundred for this "adequate" rig.
Mine had a RX that was a step down from my Icom dual band (220-2meter) mobile. It began to have strange programming problems and then went out on me completely !
Not one of Kenwoods better efforts. BTW my Kenwood tri-band HT works great on 220, go figure.