Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ -941B ANTENNA TUNER Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ -941B ANTENNA TUNER
MFJ -941B ANTENNA TUNER Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $unknown
Description: 200 WATT antenna tuner ,capacitive tee, with balun for unbalanced line, longwire terminal for endfeed, and coax connectors for antenna and transmitter input

You can write your own review of the MFJ -941B ANTENNA TUNER.

W3ACO Rating: 2/5 Jul 15, 2004 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Not so good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Got the 941 B at a hamfest. Seemed to be OK. I use this tuner with a dipole for 20M and 40M and a Yaesu 757 running 100 watts. Worked for a while, got low SWR. Noticed some burning smell, opened it up. The inductor switch was nicely burned on two positions, of course the positions I used. Examining the switch, I noticed that the switch contacts are very small. I do not switch the inductor with the rig keyed, I an surprised that there was burning at all. I think the switch is too small for a 100 W rig, perhaps with a QRP rig it would last.

W6TH Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2004 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice compact and does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MFJ-941B does very good to use for the input of amplifiers. It also works well for any antenna not taking over 200 watts and also has a power meter to watch power levels from 0 to 30 and 0 to 300 watts.

I see many on Ebay going for $20.00 and up. The bad feature is that the switching of tuned to no tuned antenna is in the rear, but I still give it a 5. Tunes great from 160 to 10 meters with my CF Zepp. Will be great for QRP as well.