Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Fritzel GPA 50 Help

Reviews Summary for Fritzel GPA 50
Fritzel GPA 50 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $250
Description: Vertical HF antenna 80/40/20/15/10m

You can write your own review of the Fritzel GPA 50.

ON4MGY Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2003 11:24 Send this review to a friend
Love it!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just have the antenna in use for about 2 weeks, but in that short time I 've fallen in love with this antenna.
I bought it to replace the Cushcraft MA5-V. I wasn't happy with that antenna because of the small bandwith. I did work a lot of DX with the Cushcraft, but because of the greater bandwith of the Fritzel it's easier to work DX with this one.
It's a rather easy antenna to install, but it's a shame that the manual is only in German language. I had some problems to understand how the work on 40m and 80m with the radials.
The antenna mounts togheter easy but when I tested the SWR of the antenna (without the radials)it was awfull. When the radials where mounted SWR on 10/15/20 was OK over the whole band. On 40 and 80 it wasn't but when cutting the dipol for 40 like described in the manual 40 was OK. Then I fixed 80m with a direct connection the some earth-poles and also 80 was OK. Of course, a vertical of this height is on the 80m band bandwith limited and not a DX-antenna, but it works.
Within 1 week after the antenna was placed I worked HC, CP on 7Q as new ones. Also a lot of other DX was worked.
Writing a review after 2 weeks is early, but I'm so happy with this antenna that I can say : It's a winner!
I would love to rate the antenna 4.8/5 because of the manual in just German but that's the only remark I have.
I hope to work you all with the Fritzel GPA 50