Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna
Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$69.95
Description: Frequency Range: 430-490 MHz, Gain: 6.5dB, Power Rating:
200 watts, Impedance: 50 Ohms, Stainless Steel Radials, SO-239 Input connector, Radiating element length 5 feet.
More info: http://buxcomm.com/page10/ants.htm

You can write your own review of the Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna.

KC2SSB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2003 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Great UHF Antenna for Ham/GMRS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was recently looking for a base antenna for GMRS. I ended up buying the UH2401 from Buxcomm. It is rated at 430 - 490 mhz, tunable.

I took it out of the box and did some measurements. According to the chart that was included, this antenna should have a flat SWR around 447 mhz before any tuning based on it's length. I figured I'd set it up and take some measurements. At 447.000, the SWR was flat. I continued doing measurements and found that in the GMRS ranges of 462.550 - 462.725 and 467.550 - 467.725, the SWR is 1.5:1! No tuning required. I am sure I could get the SWR nearly flat if I really wanted to, but 1.5 is well in the acceptable range and lowering it to 1:1 won't make any noticible improvement in TX or RX.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for a low priced ($70!) antenna for GMRS, this is an excellent choice!