Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna
Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$69.95
Description: Frequency Range: 430-490 MHz, Gain: 6.5dB, Power Rating:
200 watts, Impedance: 50 Ohms, Stainless Steel Radials, SO-239 Input connector, Radiating element length 5 feet.

You can write your own review of the Opek UH2401 UHF Base Antenna.

KB2UMJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2015 18:01 Send this review to a friend
WORKS !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I needed a UHF only vertical antenna for a new Fusion repeater. I bought a used Hustler G6-440. After getting it home and checking the VSWR I realized why I got it so cheap. It was used at the Jersey shore and was really oxidized. The weather proofing of the matching coil and input connector is a really bad design. But enough for the Hustler.
I bought the UH2401 as a whim due to the fact that it was $45 from R&L electronics and I had nothing to loose. I can say that it works well. I followed the tuning chart and got the vswr flat at 446.00 The entire antenna slides into a fiberglass radome. The only bad thing about the design is that I doubt the antenna will stand up to high winds on a tower. The reason I say that is because the base is attached to the radome by only one screw!
Luckily where I mounted this antenna, I can easily get access to it to replace it if needed.
Till then it seems to be working well.
The link for R&L is

Michael, KB2UMJ
W2PSK Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2003 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Great UHF Antenna for Ham/GMRS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was recently looking for a base antenna for GMRS. I ended up buying the UH2401 from Buxcomm. It is rated at 430 - 490 mhz, tunable.

I took it out of the box and did some measurements. According to the chart that was included, this antenna should have a flat SWR around 447 mhz before any tuning based on it's length. I figured I'd set it up and take some measurements. At 447.000, the SWR was flat. I continued doing measurements and found that in the GMRS ranges of 462.550 - 462.725 and 467.550 - 467.725, the SWR is 1.5:1! No tuning required. I am sure I could get the SWR nearly flat if I really wanted to, but 1.5 is well in the acceptable range and lowering it to 1:1 won't make any noticible improvement in TX or RX.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for a low priced ($70!) antenna for GMRS, this is an excellent choice!