Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) P144VDG Help

Reviews Summary for Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) P144VDG
Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) P144VDG Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: 144-148 MHz recieve only pre-amplifier for repeaters
More info: http://www.advancedreceiver.com/index1.html

You can write your own review of the Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) P144VDG.

N0XE Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2004 11:45 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
These pre-amps have been around for years, it is a shame that one post had such poor luck, I used the 2 meter model for over 12 years and never had one problem. As long as they are being built the same way as years past, I would think they are still a good solid pre-amp but you never know these days as owners and products do change and QC may suffer at times. I hope I am wrong as they have always been good solid pre-amps and hope they stay that way for many years to come.
73 N0XE

N8EKT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2004 00:59 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE USED BOTH 2 METER AND 440MHZ VERSIONS ON REPEATERS WITH GREAT RESULTS.
THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT THE CHEAPER VERSION( NON-GASFET) SEEMED TO WORK BETTER IN REPEATER AND LIGHTNING PRONE LOCATIONS.

VE2XLT Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2004 17:28 Send this review to a friend
OK but 25w Power Limit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought One 10 yrs ago and tested in my mobile ant-
AsGal FET very low noise and sensitive ! Never mangad to put it on the Tower for the intended
2Mtr SSB hunt- becuase it handles only 25-40w RF
bypass....Any reasonable offer takes it

VE2DC Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2004 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used one of these on a homebuilt 2M repeater... it replaced the bypassed pre-amp in the old GE I used... can't remember the model... really improved the noise floor. It was in service for more than 10 years without problem. Sorry the other fellow had such bad luck/bad service.

AC7RX Rating: 4/5 Sep 18, 2003 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Decent preamps  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the 144VDG and its commercial equivalents for about 10 years now with no problems. They give good service with low noise figures and high intercept points. I am a return customer on this product.

K4SHP Rating: 1/5 Sep 10, 2003 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Horible Investment!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well to give you an idea...My repeater is a GE Mastr II with an antenna located at 590ft. The repeater has great range but sometimes hand held stations are a little weak so I decided to purchase this pre-amp. The first week it worked GREAT!!! Then it quit working and the reciever on my repeater went deaf. So I sent the pre-amp back and after a while it came back. I put it back on the repeater and it worked for another week and then the repeater went deaf. I mean so deaf that it couldn't even hear mobiles close by. So I again sent the pre-amp back and after several weaks it arrived back at my door step. The note inside said that the unit was not borken and was within all of its specifications. The first thing that I noticed was a loose BNC connector on the pre-amp. (How could a tech. have checked it and not notice?) I attempted to put on the repeater and guess what.....the repeater went deaf again...When I called ARR they told me that they could send me a replacement but that it would cost me another $15.00 to fix their misake....That's like putting another dollar in a coke machine after it took your first dollar. Not me.... and hopefully not you either.