Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Best Communications In Ontario California Help

Reviews Summary for Best Communications In Ontario California
Best Communications In Ontario California Reviews: 2 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Simply good, honest work. Every time me, or a local ham in the area has taken our equipment ranging from an old FT101E, to an Icom 706, we have always come out happy. They do all types of repairs, receiver modifications, and just about anything to do with radio there. Highly recommended. Their phone number is: 909-605-1144 , and yes, they do take UPS shipments. The photo was a picture I took from their website.
More info: http://www.fgbestcommunications.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the Best Communications In Ontario California.

KC9GUZ Rating: 0/5 Nov 16, 2007 05:24 Send this review to a friend
10-04 good buddy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The pace is/was patiently a CB hack shop..
10-04???

KG6POG Rating: 0/5 Sep 17, 2005 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Not the same after Bill passed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a couple of radios worked on by F&G Best in Ontario California before Bill Goode passed away and his work was simply the best. Unfortuenatley after Bill Goode passed the shop has turned into a hack shack.
I paid them over $300.00 to destroy three radio that needed a little work, and where working, maybe not well but they where working before I took them into the shop. All three came back not working at all. One was a Cobra 148 GTL that needed finals and they said after working on it for a couple of days it was worthless, that the parts to fix the radio would be more than the radio was worth. Here at least gave me $10.00 back on the $75.00 I paid them to work on it. Another was a Uniden Washington that was working but the recieve was a little weak on SSB, I paid them $150.00 to tune and align the radio saying that it needed parts so it was going to cost a little more. When I actually took it in the said they wanted another $40.00 and they had made a mistake on the phone, but after talking for a bit they did agree to the $150. When they called me to come get the radio it did not work at all. They said it worked fine so I took it back the next day. They kept it all day and then I got a call saying they had never run into a problem like this, and the radio was dead. I also had them work a Radio Shack 40 channel SSB radio with a uniden board in it. I had them work on it at the same time as the Washington and though it did come back working the radio's recieve was so poor it was hard to understand anyone, and it wasn't like that before I gave it to them to work on. So I put back in the box and eventually given away.

This was all before last September, last November I passed the General and I had heard they had improved on their work again. So their being fairly close I asked them to wire a microphone for my Kenwood TS-480HX and they even wired the microhpone wrong. I figured for the $10.00 they would at least do a better looking job than I could do, but they charged $15.00 and I had to rewire the microphone when I got it home to get it to work. By the way they wired the microphone was completely wrong, not just one or two wires but virtually every wire was on the wrong pin.

More recently I heard the same story that in the past year they had improved their service and reputation. So I took a brand new General Sherman 40 channel CB (for my 4x4)to have it aligned for and tuned for SSB and asked them to dissable the talk back feature that's attatched it's bright/dim switch. I got the radio back with it tuned up to swing over 25 watts on an RF meter. So high in fact that the radio got too hot to touch after a few minutes of talking to a neighbor, who by the way said it was at lesat 3KC's off frequeny with the clarifier set at center.

I called and asked them if they could take care of the problem, and was told they would have to see when they got the radio in the shop. When I had my wife return the radio I got a phone call that was rude and insulting, saying they checked the radio and it was dead on frequency, and said I needed more than radio checks to determine if the radio was or wasn't on frequency. I explained I had three Hams listen to it and they all said the same thing, it was off by 3KC's, and that I checked it with my TS-480HX and it was off by the same amount. He suggested that all three radio where off and my freinds TS-570 was known to drift, and had never heard of my Kenwood TS-480HX. He then said if I was a Ham I should have at least a frequency counter and a Bird watt meter in my shack to confirm what I was claiming before sending the radio back to the shop.

All I can say is they are not the shop they once where and I would never let them work on anything I own let alone any of my HF gear.

Of course this was my experiance and others might be happier with their work.