Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Yaesu YH-77STA Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu YH-77STA
Yaesu YH-77STA Reviews: 21 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $51.99
Description: Lightweight headphones

You can write your own review of the Yaesu YH-77STA.

KA5IXE Rating: 2/5 Jan 18, 2017 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Poor Design  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ball Joint broke mine.
More cheap plastic parts.

KA5IXE Rating: 2/5 Jan 18, 2017 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Ball Joint broke.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ball joint broke on mine. Just more
cheap plastic parts.

KO2LA Rating: 1/5 Oct 14, 2016 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Cheap junk!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paid $90 from HRO. It has broken twice. Glued together twice. As others have said the sound quality is good but the construction/design is poor. Disappointed that Yaesu would put their name on this inferior product. Don't blame HRO for selling it but they actually recommend it.

M0ZMX Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Top comms headphones  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned for 5 years+ and still the communication headphones of choice.
Clear as hell...... Bang on for the job, try them.......
Purchased them for communications and never looked back, wish I had a box full of these puppies.... The very best from yaesu so far without a doubt... Tried to better them and in all fairness can't find an alternative,,, a true 5 out of 5...

Still the comms headphones of choice in my shack....

2E0WBK Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2013 08:26 Send this review to a friend
Very good sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just down in local Ham outlet and tried about six different headphone from Heil Kenwood Yaesu and these had the best sound.We will see what the quality is like over time but first impressions are very good indeed..my kenwood Hs6 cans will go in the cupboard for now.

KI0Z Rating: 2/5 Jun 26, 2013 12:18 Send this review to a friend
GUD need HELP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several headphones ,I have never had a problem with the others. I have 1 pr of yh77st and 2 pr yh77sta. all the yaesu ones had to be repaired with GOOP, and all are working fine now . SO if you buy these be sure to buy a tube of GOOP to fix them for good, B4 they Break at the bottom part of the plastic headband !!! they are my favorite headphones ,BUT FLIMSEY !!!!!!!! yet great for digging out signals .. (POOR design of the plastic parts)

VK2BJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2012 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Very good service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my pair of YH-77STA for almost 20 years. The metal headband is as good as new and the swivel joints still intact. The only thing I have had to do is replace the foam earpads a few times. They are lightweight and comfortable, ideal for contests, and have great sound, especially for CW.

With all the recent problem reports, I guess that the manufacturer has been changes since mine were made and they are probably now made much more cheaply.

AC5K Rating: 2/5 Dec 29, 2012 05:41 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
These headphones are decent sounding and light weight, BUT the headband is VERY poor quality and will break quickly under normal use. They DO sell replacement headbands, but why would you want to replace it with another poor quality one? If you want to do it, the replacement headband is part number S8001796, and a recent price was $25.58. A better solution might be to do what I did: I ground off the broken pieces on the headband that held the earpieces and glued on one rubber grommet in place of each of them. Being careful to not fill the grommet hole with glue, this allows the earpieces to snap in the grommet and have room to move and adjust to your head. I just completed this repair and it seems to be working so far.

W2BLC Rating: 0/5 Jun 30, 2012 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
The ball-joint broke and no amount of repairs will fix it to operate again as it should. Also, the pads are crumbly stuff that are better replaced with something from the dollar store. Of no value once broken at all!

ZL4AX Rating: 3/5 May 18, 2011 12:42 Send this review to a friend
The Emperor's New Clothes  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, just like the Emperor in the fairytale, I think I'm wearing some great radio accessory that makes me look like a proper ham, but in fact I've just paid fifty bucks for a 99c pair of bargain-store kid's flimsy earpads, just because thay've got 'Yaesu' written on them!
Sorry folks, but have we gone nuts here? These phones are just weakly constructed, bad-sounding, cheaper-than-cheap trash. I'm stunned that we hams are so gullible.
I get frustrated when my ten-year-old daughter comes home begging for me to buy her some article of clothing or another, just because it has 'Nikke' or 'Connverse' or 'Reebook' printed on it. When we go to the store I find that the item with the name stamped across the chest costs $150, but there's an identical sweatshirt next to it for $15. No way will that kid accept the identical one, and poor Dad gets forced to pay ten times the price.
Jeez fellas, are we as stupid as that little kid? Take a better look at the YH-77 headphones before you pay $50. Or is it THAT important that we have 'Yaesu' written on the earpiece?
Paul