Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTB8800 Help

Reviews Summary for FTB8800
FTB8800 Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: FT-8800 software for memory management
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb8800.htm

You can write your own review of the FTB8800.

N3IVK Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 20:49 Send this review to a friend
I recommend this  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just downloaded and used the FTB 8800 software this evening. This is a huge step up from my old RT Systems software. To be fair, my RT systems was many years old. But to upgrade to their new version was double the cost of the FTB 8800 AND I had to upgrade to the USB cable that they sell for more money. Ugh. The newer RT software may have had the bugs worked out, but it wasn't worth $50 for their software and cable.

I already have a serial programming cable that works fine with my USB adapter, I couldn't justify $50 for the upgraded RT software. I found this software for $15. Figured what the heck. I am quite happy with it. Copy and paste finally work, I can change multiple items at once and best of all, the feature to copy from the Left side to the Right side actually works !! My RT software would always never quite copy everything over correctly.

Thanks for this great software that is very reasonably priced !

M0BAU Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 09:09 Send this review to a friend
Could not be bettered  Time owned: months
Fantastic software saves ages doing it by hand, easy to use, see all settings at a glance. BUY IT!!!

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2011 10:12 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very good software for the 8800. Works on my XP Desktop and on my Win 7 laptop no problems, saved me about 1-2 hours programing the radio. I also have the software for the 897...well worth the $15 hands down...

W6JMF Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2010 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Don't leave home without it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Really nice user interface. Does everything I could think of wanting to do with the radio. If you're going to put in more than a few channels, GET THIS SW. Really, no kidding, I can't imagine wasting my time trying to do this via the menu system. Using pop up windows, it walks you through all the things you have to do on the radio side, has a built in utility to find where windows put the "serial port", and just makes it easy to keep multiple configurations. In my case, I entered all the repeaters I use, and then with one click it copied them all to the other side of the radio (virtually). It's a little clunky getting the radio to send and receive clone data, but blame Yeasu. The software made it as painless as possible. If you've seen a spreadsheet before (and even if you haven't), you'll probably never look at the help.

I bought a USB based programming cable from KawaMall on ebay, and it worked fine on windoze 7. I already had the right driver installed from another programming cable.

K4YYD Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2009 17:31 Send this review to a friend
Give the software a 5 but give the cable a 0  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I agree with everyone's comments regarding the functionality of the software....it can't be beat. The cable quality, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. The first cable was bad but Bob was kind enough to shop a replacement. However that cable has gone bad after 6 months of limited use. Do yourself a favor and order your cable(s) from RT Systems. They're a little more expensive but well worth it!

M1CXF Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2008 04:34 Send this review to a friend
Marvelous time saver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the software to input a few of the local repeaters and found it so easy to use I spent a day putting all UK 2m & 70cm repeaters in. Complete with names, ctcss etc.
I then copied them to the other side so one is alphabetic and the other in frequency order. That would have taken days doing it direct.
This is the best piece of software I have ever used.

KE5NXP Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2008 23:38 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Brilliant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Software does exactly what it says and does it well. Can't really add much that anyone else hasn't already done, but I can share with you that the USB programming cable from Virtual Village I picked up on eBay for $12.99Can works perfectly. I was concerned because they say it works with the ADMS-2K software, but did NOT mention FTB8800. This is probably the best $19US I have spent in a looooooong time, and the step-by-step instructions on how to read and write from the rig were bang on. Excellent product!

KD7I Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2007 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Wish I could give it a 10.0!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The fact that this software has a perfect 5.0 score from many reviewers says it all. I'll just add my complete and wholehearted recommendation and keep the number of perfect 5.0s growing. I agree with all of the other comments and praises for this software and will add the fact that I appreciate that this product (along with all the other FTB offerings) guides the user through every keystroke and knob twist on the radio to successfully read and write to the rig. Kudos to the developers!

W4FFM Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2007 12:52 Send this review to a friend
What a buy!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Best $15 I ever spent. (Yaesu should consider including a copy of this software with every radio they package.)

Very easy to use, and it helps you to use all of the features of the FT-8800R. I installed this software on an old Sony VAIO laptop without any problem.

PA3ALF Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2007 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice & Easy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Did you ever try to program the 512 + 512 memories from the original keyboard??? That's a disaster. With this program it is easy to do. You can also make and save different files for different countries if you go on holiday. NICE !