Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Tennadyne T28 Help

Reviews Summary for Tennadyne T28
Tennadyne T28 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $399
Description: 50-1300MHz Log Periodic - 12 Ft Boom - 28 Elements - 8.44dBi. (Shipping included in price)
More info: http://www.tennadyne.com/specs&prices.htm

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T28.

WA4B Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2012 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my Tennadyne T28 at the Dayton Hamfest in 2010. I have it mounted at about 111 feet over a T8 at 103 feet. The T8 beam doesnít seem to affect it. I made the balum out of Belden RG-213 and I have about 15 feet going to my hard line. I assembled it using Pentrox A that I purchased from DX Engineering to keep the elements conductive and from seizing in case you ever want to take it apart. This antenna is very well-designed, strong and has great gain with low SWR. It has so much gain that the signals overload the sorry VHF / UHF dual band mobiles that I have. You will need a good receiver or filters to hear in a metro area. The antenna does exactly what it is supposed to do and then some. When the wind blows in excess of 10 or 15 knots, it is an awesome flute. Probably the T8 and the T28 are both flutes. It is kind of cool on Halloween when the wind is blowing because it sounds like my house is haunted. Iíve only had one complaint from my neighbor but he said that he can live with it. In Dayton this year, they told me at the Tennadyne booth that the holes on the boom (not at the ends) make it act like a flute. The fix is to cover the holes with tape. I wish they had said something in the instructions as it would be a problem to tape up the holes now. Just tape over the holes when you assemble yours and it will not be a problem. This is the only fault I can find with this antenna and it is not a big deal as I canít hear it when I am inside. It still gets the best score I can give. I am very happy with this great antenna.

VE3RAW Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2003 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I did a lot of research before I purchased the T28, I was somewhat reluctant to think an antenna might cover such a large bandwidth. This antenna however works as stated - excellent product and excellent value. If you want to put up a single antenna for 50MHz an up - then grab this. If you look around you will find some have stacked these antennas, I have not tried yet but may in future. I did have a bit of problem - high SWR - when first put up on tower - Tennadyne was excellent support - however I must confess the problem was mine and not theirs! Now the problem (N Connector - which I thought we metered on the ground) is fixed the match is excellent.
Very inexpensive antenna for what you are getting - if you want to grab a multi-band for VHF consider looking at the T28. With 12 Ft boom and 10 Ft longest element it is very XYL friendly!