Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1E Advanced Data Management System for VX-5R Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1E Advanced Data Management System for VX-5R
ADMS-1E Advanced Data Management System for VX-5R Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Software for programing the Yaesu VX-5R
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1E Advanced Data Management System for VX-5R.

TORESTEEN Rating: 4/5 Oct 5, 2004 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Works very well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using version 2.35 with Windows 2000 SP4. Instalation was flawless. No problems.

The documentation was a bit weak but better than a lot of software I get.

Tech support was GREAT!. I send an email to them Friday night and had a reply Saturday morning!!!!! Very quick response.

The isue I had was specifing WFM recieve mode. Only AM and NFM show up on the drop down menu.

To get WFM (or others) you click on the ICON on the right side of the screen and it will appear in the recieve mode drop down list. I don't know why they don't just list them all in the drop down list.

I've loaded about a 100 freqs into the memory and would never try to do that without this software. It's required if you want to manage the memories of the VX-5R effectively.

N0DPZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2004 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Very positive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed it on Windows 2000 Professional with no problems. The programming was straight forward and the help screens are very good. The hint elsewhere in Reviews to make sure there's no timeouts was very helpful. Used it to program my FT-10R. You must create a template by first reading the data from the radio so the software can customize itself for your radio. That is done only once. From then on, you can store multiple profiles for different cities.

N8ILG Rating: 4/5 Oct 12, 2003 23:45 Send this review to a friend
XP - OK for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
K9JDK:

I'm currently using v2.12 of this software on a machine with XP Home and all service packs installed.

Works fine.

K9JDK Rating: 2/5 Oct 10, 2003 22:20 Send this review to a friend
Win XP - No  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this software since I purchased a VX-1R a few years back. Worked with 98, ME and NT but does NOT work with XP. My guess is 2000 also.

Sent e-mail to RT systems (3 times) w/ no response. I'd have rather had them tell me that ADMS does not and will not work w/XP rather than the no answer.

N8ILG Rating: 4/5 Sep 18, 2003 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Once past the snafus....  Time owned: months
I just received the software and cabling yesterday, and I'm using it to program and clone two VX-1Rs.

It works fine once you learn the trick -->

The trick is that you must have a valid, uncorrupted template file for each individual radio that you want to communicate with. If you get communication time-outs while creating the template file, do not continue the creation of that file or attempt to use it to program the radio. It will not work properly and may actually cause the radio to revert to factory default.

The template file will be valid only when it is created without any communication time-outs. This may take two or three tries. Once a valid template is made and used, the software is easy to use and quite complete.

KD6LPO Rating: 2/5 Sep 17, 2003 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Window 2000  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It worked great under Win 98. Will not even load under Windows 2000. Is there an upgrade?