Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage B-34-G Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage B-34-G
Mirage B-34-G Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: 2 Watts in / 35 Watts Out, FM/SSB/CW, GFET
More info: http://www.mirageamp.com/mirageamp/products.php?prodid=B-34-G

You can write your own review of the Mirage B-34-G.

KD5FLN Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2014 21:24 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Mirage B34 to be used together with my Icom T70a as my mobile radio. I went over to radio shack and purchased their solderless Cig lighter plug to power the amp and so far it works great. Signal reports come back with a S5-S7 on simplex at 4 miles running 2 watts in-30 watts out and has given my HT the boost it needs to hit repeaters 18-25 miles away when needed. During long winded rag chews it just gets warm to the touch but not hot that you cant keep your hand on it. I'm thinking about buying the BD-35 dual band version next.

N4UED Rating: 1/5 Nov 21, 2012 22:21 Send this review to a friend
BUY TE-SYSTEMS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this thing new . I connected it to my HT and had wonderful thoughts .
Mine was used in my home for with an Astron 35 amp power supply .
I used it one night and the thing proved what happens when MFJ buys your company out .
It was just what the old HF net said their products were . " MIGHTY FINE JUNK " . It was only a week old so I sent it back to the professionals , YEA RIGHT . After 18 and a half weeks I called old MIGHTY FINE JUNK . They had no idea what I was talking about . They said they never received it even though I sent it so someone would have to sign for it . Finally I was put through to someone called a " SUPERVISOR " . After explaining everything to him , he said "WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO "
. I said send me a new amplifier .
They sent me a new one after 2 weeks of waiting .
I sold it brand new to someone that I hope had better luck than I did. I now buy TE-SYSTEMS amplifiers . They cost more and you do have to save your pennys . I do own an ORIGINAL MIRAGE 160 watt 2M AMPLIFIER THAT WAS MADE BEFORE THE JUNK COMPANNY BOUGHT THEM OUT . IT HAS BEEN GREAT FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW . If you intend on buying one of these , may I wish you good luck . Chuck N4UED

K7VBY Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2011 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Check cables  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with a buzz sound in my B-34 amp with no output. The problem was with a defective cable from the radio to the amp. With the radio coupled to the input with a double male connector the amp works just fine.

K7VBY Rating: 2/5 Feb 7, 2011 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Short Life  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchase the Mirage B-34 about 18 months ago and last weekend it failed. I hear a buzz from the unit when transmitting from a Yaesu VX-2 which does not exceed the input power for the amp. There is no output. The amp worked perfectly in the car since I purchased it and I don't know if the cost to fix it is worth it. Now a good paper weight.

KB7ZNV Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2010 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned this model amp for a couple of years in the mid 1990's and gave it to my brother after buying a Kenwood TM-241A and no longer needed it.
I used the Amp together with my Realistic HTX-202 and my Cushcraft 13B2 beam antenna as a temporary base station until I bought my Kenwood.
The setup worked great.
I would highly recommend this amp to anyone wanting extra power at a great price.
It will meet or exceed most needs with a properly adjusted antenna such as the Cushcraft 13B2.
The old saying goes...If the radio and amp can't get er done....Put up a good Beam, then try again.

VA3HWA Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Well worth the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Does what it's supposed to do. Comes with a patch cable(bonus points for this!). Includes schematic and parts list in user manual (more bonus points!). Preamp gives me more signal strength bars on my handheld (TH-K2AT), amp gives that extra "OOMPH" when needed.
I didn't need a two or more band unit. It powers well from a 12 vdc 7 Amp-Hr gell cell.
Well worth the money !

AI4WM Rating: 4/5 Sep 1, 2008 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice little amp for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Surprised at all these amps that are out there and there are no recent reviews. I seldom if ever rate anything 5 out of 5. I bought mine used to replace an old Kenwood I was using in my car with my HT before I got a mobile rig. I have the newer style where the entire case is the heat sink. The amp is good for all modes and I get 23 watts out of mine with a 1.6 watt input. Reports have always been good when I use this amp. I have not had any heat problems even with long QSOs. Internally this amp is nicely constructed with quality workmanship. I have never used mine on CW or SSB and seldom use the preamp. Recently this amp has become part of my A.R.E.S. VHF jump kit so it can be used with my spare HT as a reserve transmitter for the main rig.

KD5WPX Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2004 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT for me!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up my B34 (no -G) off eBay and put a 'lighter plug on it right away. I drive it with 4~5 watts from a Radio Shack HTX-420 and get 40 watts out. It gets a little warm when I get long winded but not excessively so. I keep it positioned so the vent holes on the bottom of the case aren't blocked. I've gotten good "on air" reports with it. I keep watching for another one but this one's given me no reason to be concerned about a "spare". I haven't had any issues at all with the amp and reccommend it highly.

KC5UZD Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2003 18:00 Send this review to a friend
I Like It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use mine quite a lot. It doesn't seem to get too hot, but then again I have a used computer fan (12V) blowing across the cooling fins and the back of my HTX-202. It does consume some power, though. It will suck a motorcycle battery down kind of quick.

DY-1-CZG Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2003 23:26 Send this review to a friend
50 watts?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have just bought one of these beauties but to my surprise, with only 4 watts drive I seem to get 50 watts output. This is a mystery to me. I use a diamond SX-400 SWR power meter and borrowed a Lodestar SWR-3P from a friend and still reads 50 watts output on a quarter wave antenna at 1.2 VSWR. I have yet to verify my results if I can get access to a Bird True Line wattmeter. Meantime, I'm puzzled.

73's