Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage B-34-G Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage B-34-G
Mirage B-34-G Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: 2 Watts in / 35 Watts Out, FM/SSB/CW, GFET
More info: http://www.mirageamp.com/mirageamp/products.php?prodid=B-34-G

You can write your own review of the Mirage B-34-G.

DY-1-CZG Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2003 23:26 Send this review to a friend
50 watts?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have just bought one of these beauties but to my surprise, with only 4 watts drive I seem to get 50 watts output. This is a mystery to me. I use a diamond SX-400 SWR power meter and borrowed a Lodestar SWR-3P from a friend and still reads 50 watts output on a quarter wave antenna at 1.2 VSWR. I have yet to verify my results if I can get access to a Bird True Line wattmeter. Meantime, I'm puzzled.

73's
Marlou J. Madrio
Dy-1CZG

N8XRV Rating: 3/5 Jul 8, 2003 19:42 Send this review to a friend
Good Amplifier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A plus for this little amp, is that it came with a cable to put in between the radio and amp. The cable was BNC on one end, and UHF on the other.

As for performance, I measured 38W out with a 5W drive, and 18W out with a 0.5W drive. The amp really performs well when transmitting.

The built in pre-amp hasn't really helped that much though. On weak incoming signals, it sure makes my S meter go from 0 to 3 bars (Out of 5), but the audio sounds exactly the same, on or off, and tried it with two seperate radios.

I gave the product a "3" since I personally find the pre-amp not much of a help. Other than that, it seems to be a good product.

73s