Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | One Man Tower Help

Reviews Summary for One Man Tower
One Man Tower Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $varies with size
Description: Freestanding, self erecting tower. Open face lattice tower of square cross section, supporting a slide carriage that (a) erects the tower and (b) transports the antenna to working height.
More info: http://www.spin.net.au/~aeitower/index

You can write your own review of the One Man Tower.

W4IJY Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 05:57 Send this review to a friend
Quality is A++  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned the 20 meter One Man Tower since 2006. Rugged construction and extremely strong. Easy to install with a mininum of labor and fast! Makes routine maintenance simple and fast with the 4 el Steppir. I imported the tower to here in Florida. Would recommend anone you want the ultimate in tower strengh. Can't enough about it!!

VK3NI Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2008 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Just so easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tower has made maintenance of my SteppIR MonstIR a breeze. The tower sections are square shaped and in 2.5m sections. It arrived on a pallet preceded by the in ground formwork which went into a 2.5m Sq x 1m deep footing. It really is a one man tower and I erected it, not without a deal of persperation on my own. I have to admit it would certainly have been easier with an assitant. The operation is a breeze once erected. A hazer system raises and lowers the MonstIR by electric winch to a height of 60 feet. Its fantastic to be able to drop te antenna when bad wx arises. I did upgrade the winch cable and pulley to cater for the weight of the MonstIR, but Kev the manufacturer assured me there was no need.. just my conservatism at work.

VK6AV Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2003 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Easiest tower to erect and use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some years ago at VE6DK I took down a self-supporting 19 meter Delhi (60’) tower that had been up for about 8 years. I couldn’t help but notice that in those 8 years the tower seemed to have gotten a lot heavier. I decided then that my next tower should be something I could handle myself without undo exertion.
In 1999 I was living in VK4 and wanted to get back on the air with a good signal. I had met Kevin, VK4VKD on 10 metres and he mentioned he had built his own tower. I checked out the website and was intrigued. I went over to have a look and was very impressed. Key features are the ability to erect it without a gin pole and the ability to quickly change antennas. The hardest part about putting this up is just digging the hole! I installed a 20 meter model around Christmas of 1999 and have had a lot of fun loading it up with antennas. I have run various combinations of 6 elements on 6, 7 elements on 10 and a Force 12 C4-E. With the One Man Tower I can change an antenna and have it cranked back to the top in less than one hour. There are no guys to get in the way. Mine has a hand winch but you can get it with a 12VDC electric winch. This is now my tower of choice for experimenting and all around use. http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aeitower/ in Australia or http://www.onemantowers.com/index.html in the U.S.
Harris VK6AV, VE6DK, ex VK4CWT