Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Pyramid PS-25 Help

Reviews Summary for Pyramid PS-25
Pyramid PS-25 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 25-amp constant, 27-amp surge fully adjustable 0-14v DC power supply with builtin DC current and DC voltage metering.

You can write your own review of the Pyramid PS-25.

W4KVW Rating: 1/5 Aug 29, 2016 12:21 Send this review to a friend
DEAD & Disposed Of  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well it was just OK for a few years but never pulled anywhere near what it was suppose to without the alarm going off.Well it no longer alarms nor does it do anything.It went boom when I turned it on one day & was not repairable.Parted it out & trashed it.This has been what has now happened to every Pyramid Power Supply I have ever owned.I must say their quality control or lack of quality is consistent over the years.Avoid the brand & buy an ASTRON in the beginning & save time & money in the long run.Several friends have also had more than a few issues with the Pyramid brand so it's obvious they don't build quality products.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2016 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nothing new to add to my 2003 review other than this power supply hasn't missed a day of service since I bought it new back in the mid 1990's

When I've accidentally shorted it, unit does what it's suppose to do and immediately shut down.

I would say I've gotten my money's worth

Cheers All!

W4KVW Rating: 3/5 Sep 16, 2013 12:39 Send this review to a friend
OK for what I need it for.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I use this supply for my VHF & UHF rigs & it does OK for that.The DC Voltage meter sticks & needs a tap whenever it is tuned back on or adjusted.Wish it had a cigarette lighter plug for a few items.Mine is the PS-25G Gold Series.The overload alarm works but I think well before being maxed out for what it should hold.I traded for this unit used & don't have but about $30 in it so for that it does a great job.Prefer my ASTRON RS-70M but this gives me a supply on another desk.Don't think I would buy it NEW unless the price was REALLY low.

W0HSN Rating: 2/5 Nov 12, 2008 16:32 Send this review to a friend
3/5  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hmmm! I have used these supplies for a number of years and have found them to be OK (in a pinch) would rather use an Astron. But overall they are cheap made. Whats more, I have never been able to find out who manufactures this stuff. Anyone know?

N4AEQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2007 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Great offering from pyramid  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Icom 706mk2g when they first came out
and have been running it full output through hours of ragchewing at a time off the PS-25.
I also traded for a Astron 20a supply as a backup but have never had to use it, I believe
this is one of the better pyramid supplies.

WB8RKQ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2004 13:41 Send this review to a friend
good  Time owned: more than 12 months
i had the ps-20 amp power supplie and still have it today has allways worked great i would buy a pyramid and a sec,they are a good sullpie and they are cheep what more do you want right 73

VE6XL Rating: 1/5 Nov 16, 2003 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Buyer Beware....  Time owned: more than 12 months
My experience with these power supplies is not a good one.

Power supply shorted out when turned on the first time. Poorly soldered connection shorted out.

Rating is incorrect. Should be 15amp constant 20amp peak. I am not sure how they can claim a 25amp rating, it gets much much too hot at anything above 15amps.

Holes drilled in cabinet for alarm buzzer have no alarm behind them! The alarm is located far inside the unit.

The voltage and current controls do not work well. The current control causes oscillation rather than shutting the unit down.

When opening the unit the transformer looks like it was used prior to being installed in the power supply.

Lower grade components used throughout.

This having been said, if you are NOT using it for radio equipment or electronics it may provide you with what you need.