Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Reviews: 26 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: 40 METER
DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE 65'9 long
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE.

W5TTW Rating: 4/5 Aug 2, 2014 08:10 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using one for a few months at 22' inverted V. (Best I can do at this location.) It's quiet, broad-banded and I get good signal reports with it. The quality is way better than what's described in the reviews from a few years ago. My only complaint is that there is nothing on the center part of antenna to attach a line to. You will have to fashion something in order to hang it. Why it was omitted is beyond me, as an antenna of this type is typically suspended from the center.

WA4NUN Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2012 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Works pretty well broad banded  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Putting up more antennas to get better compare, but these antennas are a bit fragile with a fix. Noting the weakness in the joints due to the nature of the antenna itself, I strapped dacron rope across the center and coax joints and wrapped fairly tight with braided fishing line to reduce the stress on the joints and after several months and hanging horizontal instead of the more or less mandated inverted vee, still holding up without breakage under fairly severe stress. This must work as I think it would have broken otherwise. Do not reinforce with conductive material as it will screw up the antenna, and if you do reinforce weather protect properly to not undermine what you were trying to accomplish to start with. Make sure coax seal used properly in the layers to prevent problems. So far it has worked out OK for me. Do not have overhead power lines or close neighbors so hard to speak much to some of the claimed quiet features.

XE1GR Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
6 months ago I have installed 3 heavy duty High power 5 KW PRO Line Radiowavz double bazooka antennas made with RG-11 coax.
These antennas are 17 Meters, 20 Meters and 40 Meters bands connected trough an RCS-4 Ameritron remote coax switch.
These antennas are installed on board my Maritime mobile station at 213 ft. above sea level. As you may know they deal with high winds up to 70 mph relative winds, salt and a lot of humidity. The antennas works really well on the 3 bands, way better than the Alpha Delta DX-CC that I had before.
On all bands the double bazookas are quieter than the DX-CC with very low noise now my IC-7700 can pick up stations that I was unable to hear with the previous antennas.
Also Iím always getting very good signals reports, in a matter of fact few days ago in our way from Port Everglades, FL to Nassau, Bahamas,I got 59+60 db!! reports from Florida stations like AD4C and 59+40 db from stations in Europe I need to say that Iím using an Alpha 87A Amp. which my 3 Radiowavz antennas can handle very easily as they are rated for 5KW.
I also have to mention that the service from RadioWavz was more than excellent! They did everything to ensure that I will receive the antennas in time before our departure from Port Everglades, FL.
In conclusion if these antennas can handle the extreme weather from the high seas, I believe they can easily handle the weather conditions at your base station plus they are great performers, just try them and you will hear the difference!
I recommend these antennas 100%.

Juan-Pablo,
XE1EMX / MM

KE0UF Rating: 1/5 Jul 19, 2011 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Junk!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very poor quality antenna! The insulators are made from really bad looking pvc pipe cut into thin sections and holes drilled into them. This is REALLY CHEAP! I would have rather made the insulators myself. To make matters worse, the antenna did not load up at all? Installed new antenna on the same feedline and 1.3 : 1 right from
the start. Don't expect any customer service from RadioWavz! This will be my last antenna from these folks. Wire antennas are way to easy to make yourself, just buy a good quality Balun.

N4LRA Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2011 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Best performing 40 meter wire antenna I have ever used  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the antenna at HRO in Woodbridge two weeks ago. Hoisted it as an inverted Vee with apex at 40 feet and ends about 25 feet of the ground.

Started busting pile ups and working the DX right away. Amazed to see this antenna perform several S units better both transmit and receive than a Carolina Windom and a G5RV that were up 50 feet. I replaced the feedlines to these antennas just to make sure and no change in results.

I've read the comments about the insulators. They are not fancy, but they work just fine. It lasted through a 70 MPH Thunder Storm and near miss by a tornado this week. It did not pull apart or break.

I have been running up to 700 Watts PEP into it, no arching, heating up or change in SWR noted.

I'll post an update next year or sooner if I experience problems.

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2010 17:27 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE of LAST REVIEW  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
AFTER TRIMMING THE ANTENNA TO RESONANCE IT NOW WORKS PERFECTLY ON 40 m PHONE. ANTENNA WAS WAAAY TOO LONG UNTIL TRIMMED.

W8MJM Rating: 0/5 Aug 9, 2010 19:21 Send this review to a friend
JUNK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Save your money and build your own bazooka. Quality is terrible and customer support stinks.Radio Wavz builds junk.

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2010 20:36 Send this review to a friend
AWFUL GOOD!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Installed as a half wave sloper from the top of 55' tower. SWR is 1.3:1 in the CW band, my favorite. With TS-480SAT at 100 watts, worked South Africa ZS1JX on 7.002MHz. I have a supporting dacron rope running parallel with the antenna to take all tension off the coax element.

Will be putting up the 80m Double Bazooka as inverted as soon as the backyard dries out.

73 John K7FD

KA4UPI Rating: 2/5 Nov 24, 2009 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality Material  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna a year or so ago installed it and in use for about 3 months now. It run ok for a while as long as I run only 100 Watts through it. Then I put the AMP on it with about 800 Watts and from that point on it got flaky and finally quit. I took it down and dismantled it with to find excessive moisture and corrosion of the aluminum coax shield used as the radiator. It looked all RF burned and corroded like a battery terminal so I cleaned it and put it back with some success. It would have been a much better antenna with a different type of coax. The coax is a very cheap CATV type with an aluminum center conductor and shield. NO copper at all. Very cheaply made. Do not recommend it to anyone. I wish I had read the reviews first before purchasing. I now see another vendor that makes them that has very high reviews. I will go with that one next time.

W4GNS Rating: 0/5 May 5, 2009 10:24 Send this review to a friend
worked for 2 days  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took me 4 weeks to receive the 40 meter double bazooka and would have never have gotten it then with emailing a reminder as they seemed to have forgotten. When I did get it, put it up and it worked great the weekend of the New England QP, 7 land QP, and IN QP, low noise, about 1 1/2 S units less noise than my wire 40m dipole and also was able to work a station with no more than 2 calls in a pileup. Finished operating the contest Sunday and did not attempt to transmit again until Wenesday morning (Note it rained on and off for 2 days here in South West VA) Heard a station and sent my call and the SWR was through the roof. I will tear it apart and attempt to locate and fix the problem, but after a 4 week wait and 2 days worth of useage I will give this product a poor rating . As a side note I was was using a amp with this antenna about 600 watts plus/minus I DO NOT plan on buying another Radiowavz product