Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Reviews: 25 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: 40 METER
DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE 65'9 long
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 40 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE.

KA2ZNI Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2007 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Antenna Smokes!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been running the 40 Meter Double Bazooka for 2 weeks now with no mercy on high power (1000 watts+) with no ill effects, the antenna blows everything I have used out of the water. The noise is down 2-3 s-units, and transmit up 2 s-units from a conventional 40 meter 1/2 wave dipole at 60'!!!
What more could you want??

I am going to try a 75 meter double bazooka with a 150 watt carrier modulating it to 1,000 watts.. If it works well I will put one on 160 meter duty as well.

This antenna works great and if I experience anything negative the post goes here... I could not be happier with the wide bandwidth as well.

Hats off to a job well done in my book!

K4LD Rating: 0/5 Jun 18, 2007 22:25 Send this review to a friend
Crap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I made a few contacts on this antenna and then it just stoped working... I was told I was 5/9 on a half down G5RV and there was no sight of me when I tried this antenna. Dont wast your money!

WA2SEI Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2007 17:22 Send this review to a friend
you can run 1500 watts  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i run the 160,80 40 and 17 meter bazookas and have run 1500 watts cw into them and they work kike a champ no problem the guy that blew his up with 500 watts is crazy there is no problems with any of emmitts antennas and the club i belong to has brought over 30 antennas from him and no problems i worked 68 countries in 160 since november 2006 and 58 on 80 broke the pile ups with 5a7a in libia and n8s no problems and worked bs7h scarboro island on twenty with the forty meter antenna on cw all i can say is buy one you wont be sorry you will be astonished at the results 73's de Ray wa2sei

N4TOT Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2007 02:06 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
No pblms here, running 600 to 800 watts every morning on several diffrent nets from Fort Lauderdale Fla.. This is my second one. The first one is over two years old located at my log home in western south carolina and running 1 KW plus up there. It has survived trees, ice ,snow and critters it takes a lickin and it's still a tickin....

Gary.

WA2VEX Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2007 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: months
Have any of the unsatified folk here ever called Radiowavz to resolve a problem? Time will tell how the elements treat this antenna but it's a killer. No problems except for trimming the tuning studs. Takes a few tries. In the mean time i get quieter operation and stronger signals on receive. And the transmit experience is even better. Full power and no smoke. Eveyone i talk to on a regular basis agrees my signal is stronger and readable even when the band is muffling eveyone else.
My Radiowavz 80 meter DB so out performs my inverted "V" at the same height it's almost comical. Worked France from Pittsburgh in broad daylight. GIVE THIS PRODUCT A CHANCE.

W0RER Rating: 3/5 Jan 6, 2007 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Not Really "Full Legal Limit"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As much as I like this antenna, the score is much lower due to the misleading statement on the front of the package. It says, "Will handle Full legal limit."

This is simply not true. I called Radio Waves and sure enough, they tell me to only run 200 watts on CW. This is not "Full Legal Limit" and they should change all of their marketing materials to state such.

As far as performance, I am very happy overall. Luckily, I do not need more than 200 watts to make most contacts and the antenna does hear very well.

If it really handled "Full Legal Limit" as advertised, I would give it a 5/5. The sad part is that I really wanted something that could handle the power, if necessary, and this antenna does not.

Happy New Year to all...

David, W0RER

KC0JGJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2006 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Work at full power on the intended band  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
THis antenna works greate on the intended band. At full legal power. 1600watts SSB 200 cw/rtty/digital AM.If you go outside of the desighned band or in stall it in a modified way you should not operte it with higher power. We have thousands of these antenna out there working with power.

We try to work with people when there are issues.

W8JJI Rating: 1/5 Sep 9, 2006 07:49 Send this review to a friend
misleading, low power only  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the 75 meter bouble bazooka and blew it up with 500 watts.

They do not specify the power handling of most of their antennas exept the one for CB that is rated for more than 1000 watts !? (stupid)

Do not expect to use these antennas with an amplifier.

Not worth the money.

W5TFW Rating: 2/5 Sep 1, 2006 23:43 Send this review to a friend
BIG problem  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After reading the review about the power rating I went back and ran mine on a DRAKE amp they are fine up to 200 watts after that they melt down.
I suggest you be aware of what you are buying as EMMETT truly should know that they wont handle full legal limit.

Joey W5TFW

KC0WGB Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2006 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This basic antenna was modified by Emmett to work on CAP and MARS frequencies. It was key in our communications back bone when I was the wing commander. It played a Key role in the Wing's response to 911

Joe