Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | GHD BUG GH-GN107WS Help

Reviews Summary for GHD BUG GH-GN107WS
GHD BUG GH-GN107WS Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: Dual or single lever mechanical bug
More info: http://www.mtechnologies.com/ghd/

You can write your own review of the GHD BUG GH-GN107WS.

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2003 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Bug Eyed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Switching from many years of electronic keying back to a bug is a challenge! But I'm making slow progress and having a ball with my new GHD Bug!

Marshall at Milestone Technologies personally answered the phone and took my order. He was helpful and provided lots of information regarding the bug and its operation. It's always nice when you get to talk with the 'president' of the company...

The GHD Bug is SO MUCH FUN! Just sitting there, it looks cool; you can't resist from trying it out. Fit and finish is 110% - no shortcuts here. You pay big bucks, you get quality. It's a flawless piece of workmanship.

The bug's feel is very smooth, with 20 wpm being the slowest with weight fully extended. This is my favorite speed, so I haven't tried it faster yet. Plus, there's a definite 'knack' to working a bug, so slower is better for now. Black finger pieces are smooth and give the bug a very solid feel.

Although the mechanical pendulum action is smooth, I did encounter the 'scratchy dit' syndrome. Apparently, the hair pin dot contact was vibrating making succeeding dots sound fuzzy. After a little research on the internet, I discovered this is a common problem with bugs and the solution is to place a small piece of foam rubber directly behind the dot contact. I did and the results were excellent - no more scratchiness.

I have dealt with Milestone Technologies 3 times for paddle and bug purchases. Each time I have received products quickly and in immaculate condition. This latest GHD Bug is no exception.

My interest in bugs came about after reading about a new activity called BUG NITE:

I would highly recommend a GHD Bug and Milestone Technologies to anyone interested in furthering their skills in Morse...

73 John K7FD