Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Alda 105 Help

Reviews Summary for Alda 105
Alda 105 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 1970s vintage 10-80 meter 100W HF transceiver

You can write your own review of the Alda 105.

WB6PUS Rating: 4/5 Dec 9, 2003 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Good mobile rig.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Considering its age this is a fine little mobile rig. It's one of the earlier solid state units, but considering I bought mine used about 15 years ago for $250 and it is still working fine, I can't complain. I didn't even know there was a 5 band version until I ran across this one in the newspaper classifieds.

One weak point is the dial mechanism. The anti-backlash spring in the split-gear system is weak and you do have backlash problems. If I ever find a tiny-but-stronger spring that problem will be solved. The original microphone finally gave out, but what can you expect from 15 years of Arizona summers in the mobile.

I consistently get excellent audio reports, and the receiver is quite sensitive. I've added a Clearspeech speaker to kill some of the wideband noise and it sounds great.

It's nice to have a mobile rig you can operate by feel without messing with menus when you are driving down the road.