Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Pyramid PS-14KX Help

Reviews Summary for Pyramid PS-14KX
Pyramid PS-14KX Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $39.99
Description: 13.8 Volt DC 12 Amps continuous, 14 Amps peak.

You can write your own review of the Pyramid PS-14KX.

W3JRP Rating: 2/5 Mar 24, 2006 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Can't recommend  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I found that this supply cannot output even half of its rated amperage without overheating and shutting down on overtemp. The heatsink became too hot to touch with less than 5 amps output. A replacement unit was the same way. Probably OK for intermittent higher-amp duty such as an SSB transceiver, but certainly not for continuous duty over 5 amps.

KB5DRJ Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2005 20:22 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Buy!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had mine for about 6 months now. I use it to power my T-2400 and Z100 antenna tuner. No problems ever. Great quality for the price. Highly recommend this unit.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2005 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Great buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this power supply on my Yaesu 2800M for about 2 years and it's never hinted at breaking a sweat even when the radio is running at high power on FM for long periods of time.
I would recommend this power supply to any Ham who needs a smaller power supply for something that draws 10 to 12 amps.

KF4EJS Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2004 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a awsome cheap power supply. I have had mine for 5 years.. after that time I had a fault light started comming on. so I went to my local electronic parts store and did a partial rebuild was fun and now is still in service. Good product. Now I am looking at the PS-21KX

W0NQ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2004 01:03 Send this review to a friend
inexpensive & works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have recently bought a PS-14KX & use it with a 50 watt yaesu 2 mtr. I have had no issues with it at all. For the $39.99 or there about I gave for it, it's a buy in my book. Not all the bells and whistles but a solid little unit that's probably all the majority of us need to run a mobile rig as a base unit. Buy one & save some $$$'s for hamfest

KC2IGY Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2003 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for several years, and never had a problem. It puts out what it is supposed to.

AD5BN Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2003 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this power supply brand new at a hamfest back in 1996 and it has been my ONLY power supply ever since. It has been turned on nearly continuously since 1996 with very few breaks in between turning it off. I didn't purchase it with the intent that it would last very long at all. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it was maybe $40. It has been a workhorse with NO problems! Clean output and no issues with hash or interference from the power supply. The only wish I have is for a tad bit longer + and - posts. That's it! Great power supply!