Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Prolog Help

Reviews Summary for Prolog
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Logging
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Prolog.

KZ9DX Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2012 18:10 Send this review to a friend
I would never be without this logging program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Let me start out by saying that everything positive the other reviews mentioned is 100% true. I have been using ProLOG for the past nine (9) years. My computer experience back then was very basic but from day one ProLOG was easy to use. Today, V8.00.0 interfaces seamlessly with Digipen and MixW, interfaces with LOTW, monitors QRZ DX and DX Summit, logs all required activity, on the main logging form you can see your last eight (8) logged contacts and your last eight (8) spots from DX Summit, and tracks ARRL awards. When something is not clear, simply clicking on the help question mark normally explains the problem. However, on the rare occasion that I am still unable to figure it out, a quick call to Ed and the explanation is crystal clear.
KZ9DX

VA3ZB Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 12:29 Send this review to a friend
This Logging Program Does More Than Just Kep A Log.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using ProLog for over 5 years and I am totally satisfied with it. Not only does it log your contacts but it also tracks the award status for all major awards. All you have to do is type in the call and it provides detailed data in the logging form-- name QTH etc. All QSO's can be searched and edited and mailing lables can be printed out if desired. There are several screens for listing contacts, which will let you quickly see what you have worked and on what bands, or what QSL's you have or have not received. Why would you stay with tracking old paper logs when this takes out all the hastle.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I just love the fact that ProLog gives me rig control, so that frequency and mode are automatically inserted and it follows as the rig is tuned.DX Summit spots are provided in a window which will tune the rig to that spot with just one click. With the alarm feature you can be on the spot in seconds from the time that it first appears.

And this is only a small part of what ProLog can do. For example it can route QSL's via managers and it can automatically move your rotor to the correct bearing. The latest version allows for electronic QSL's as well as the standard snail mail.

ProLog is also easy to use. You do not need to read the manual to get into it quickly. However, if you need help it is readily available by just moving a question mark icon to the feature you are curious about. A small amount of reading on some key topics is all you need.

Once your QSL cards arrive it is very simple to search them in the records and to indicate that they been received or submitted for an award.

I did have some difficulty transferring my old files to the new version, but this was manily due to my lack of computer experience with locating and copying files. However, I did get immediate techenical assistance by telephone which quickly resloved the problem and got me going on the same day that I received the softwear.

In short ProLog is a tremendous program that will do everything you need and more.

Thank you. Bruce J. Lenton VA3ZB

W4RTE Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2005 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
My experience with Prolog has been excellent,. Why? Simple yet a complex logging program. Simple to learn and operate but the software is powerfull. I have an Orion rig and have rig control. It auto sets your frequency, mode, time and other info on the logging form for most rigs.
Just too many features to comment on.

Support is great. If you do need help Ed will be there. Sort of like Ten Tec support, Great.It sells for a fair price and you can have the current data base of the master callbook each month for a small fee if you want it. I have had the software for one year and would recommend it to any ham looking for a good solid log program. I have 9500 qso on my program, Ed even had my other log file which was a Microsoft file converted to the Prolog file.

W0MRD Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2000 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Very Good - but could get a touch better  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've switched to Prolog from LogEQF, and am generally very happy. It is fast, clean, well-engineered. The chief geek even has a personality, and is fun to talk to on the phone. EQF is the king of the text-based world, and ProLOG could make it to the top of the GUI world with a few tweeks. Award tracking is great, qsl tracking is good, but I've had a few problems with labels, which could just be my own lack of understanding. Not quite as intuitive as it could be, but this might come over time. Big drawback for me is that is doesn't really have a customizable contest mode of any kind. This would be a big boost - but they don't advertise it as such, so I can't say they don't deliver. In fact, what they do deliver, works great! I'd recommend it to any amatuer who desires a solid logging program, and either doesn't contest, or uses one of the many logging programs that ProLOG will import from. Also has a great QSL route manager that comes along with it.
By the way, if you like it, and decide to buy it, mention my call. It's good for people to know who supports them!
Thanks, and good DX!!