Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW
ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Reviews: 622 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $00.00
Description: LoTW ... is a repository of log records submitted by users from around the world. When both participants in a QSO submit matching QSO records to LoTW, the result is a QSL that can be used for ARRL award credit.
More info: http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

You can write your own review of the ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW.

PA1HR Rating: 1/5 Dec 14, 2017 01:35 Send this review to a friend
Very difficult to manage subscription  Time owned: more than 12 months
In 2013 I got a certificate after sending my license and ID to the USA. In 2016 my certificate expired. Why did my certificate expire? What's the use of this? I did not change my callsign or address or whatever. It's still me. How difficult can you make it to renew this certificate? Very very poor!

W9OD Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2017 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Great service and wonderful assistance if needed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using LoTW for a long time now. Yes some work is needed to get it working correctly. I had some difficulty, but Norm W3IZ did help me, that was re-connecting after my TQSL had expired. I use it with MLDX and all QSOs are logged to LoTW when logged into my logging program. The logging program checks for confirmations. This is a great service the ARRL offers.

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2017 02:25 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly and easily.  Time owned: more than 12 months
LoTW is not only a QSO matching system for less expensive DXCC, it shows you your DXCC totals with lists of DX callsigns credited and totals for other awards that use LoTW matching. It might be fun collecting paper QSLs via mail but it is very expensive and getting more expensive all the time. Airmail postage from Isreal to Canada just increased to over $4.00, for instance.

Here is a nice entry script. Just type in your call sign and password where indicated replacing the upper case in the following script then copy and paste in your browser. If you like the way LoTW is presented, drag an icon to the desktop:

Give it a try.

You do not have to use electronic logging to use LoTW. Individual QSO data can be entered using the program TQSL. which comes with LoTW.

LoTW is versatile, simple and easy to use and it saves you lots of money. QSO matches are quite fast and all show up in the display with those that increase a band total or Challenge total so indicated, and nicely displayed using the above script.

WA4JUK Rating: 1/5 Nov 5, 2017 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Poor   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Could not get logged on. After several tries I was told I did log on. I kept on trying. No go so I eventually told ARRL to forget the whole thing.

N5LXI Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2017 22:31 Send this review to a friend
Complex but good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It was a indeed a little quirky to figure out. A couple of quick calls to Dan at the ARRL and it's working FB. It integrates easily with AC Logger. It's especially nice for DX and FT8 (where I'm logging QSO's like crazy). It's worth the effort to figure out and a wonderful service from the ARRL. It's more secure than your bank! I would rather make contacts than fill out paper work.

W9OD Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2017 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Update to my previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was on vacation when my LoTW certificate expired. I had to renew it and was having issues with my knowledge of my MacBook Pro. I contacted ARRL and communicated with W3IZ, Norm. He did a wonderful job in directing me to how and where to go to update my certificate. You really cannot go wrong with LoTW, I wish every ham was using it. Logging is fantastic with it. Thank you W3IZ!!

NO6E Rating: 4/5 Oct 5, 2017 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Great once set up  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
WSJT-X automatically creates ADIF logs LOTW accepts - just upload them. Took me a while to figure out LOTW, but now it's fine. Everyone seems to have different issues. Mine was figuring out that the password to log onto the LOTW site is NOT the same as the password to upload a log! (Yeah, I hear all of you laughing that I was so dumb!). Anyway, the combination of FT8 and LOTW quickly got me WAS, which I had never earned in 50 years of hamming. Recommended.

WE4B Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Simple and effective  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I find LoTW simple to use and a great way to quickly confirm contacts. I wish I had adopted its use years ago. I upload my QSOs to LOTW then download them from LoTW into QRZ. If you follow the instructions, set-up is a breeze and using it is just as simple.

AE5GT Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 13:17 Send this review to a friend
$$$$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pain to get started....you have to be confirmed as actually existing . Cost about $0 ...Postage saved in 9 years? 37000 X .30 => $11,100 .

...Getting confirmation for that DX station in hours
days or week or two . as opposed to months. instant DXCC credit on the QSL ,no card checking.

Unless your into getting paper QSLs...(some are)

Well worth the minor pain of confirmation.

K0UA Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 10:03 Send this review to a friend
It works great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been on LOTW now for many months, and it works GREAT!. I have no idea what people are talking about frustration. Once set up you are DONE!. Just upload your logs using trusted QSL, which takes seconds. I do it several times a day if I am heavily operating. The ONLY frustration is that every one IS NOT ON IT, and they should be if at all interested in awards or helping other. These scare stories you hear are just so much hot air.