Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW
ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Reviews: 582 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $00.00
Description: LoTW ... is a repository of log records submitted by users from around the world. When both participants in a QSO submit matching QSO records to LoTW, the result is a QSL that can be used for ARRL award credit.

You can write your own review of the ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW.

N8EHW Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent way to verify those QSO's  Time owned: more than 12 months
The benefits of this system far outweigh any minor problems that arise from time to time. It's a money saver for sure, and a stress reliever to boot. Worrying about QSL's arriving from some distant locations keep me awake at night. I don't really have a negative thing to say about the program.
DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 08:06 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!! Wouldn't want to be without.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm 76, yes 76!!, got it working fine, and that from Germany, I renewed my certificate in about 2 minutes, new version of TQSL installed without a blip. If you can't get it to work, in my opinion, you can't read and/or cannot follow instructions,

Vy 73 DJ0RD/WU5T
WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Great QSL Confirmation Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I felt after reading a number of low rated reviews for this outstanding QSL confirmation and logging program that I needed to respond with my own review. First of all, sorry to those of you who for one reason or another are not using this great ARRL program. I have been using it for quite some time and I personally am very happy with how it works. Yes, it does take a bit of time to be able to actually use it. Remember this is a verification and confirmation process for ensuring that your contacts are legitimate. I assure all of you that are having difficulty with the enrollment process to actually TAKE YOUR TIME and follow the instructions very carefully that you will be successful getting it to work. The end results are absolutely AMAZING!!! I can not begin to tell all of you how much it has benefitted me. I am a true believer that if you do not succeed the first time try again! Just slow down and follow the instructions. It may take awhile because of the verification process but the results are certainly worth it. I ask others who enjoy this great program to come forward and share your own review to encourage those who are having difficulty with the enrollment process. Thank you ARRL for making this wonderful and cost saving program available for all of us 21st century hams throughout the world. It is truly wonderful to see so many rare DX stations using LoTW. 73 and see all of you in the pile-ups, Denny WB9MSM
K0KNX Rating: 0/5 Oct 2, 2015 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Atari 800 user  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A while back, I tried to get this thing to work joy. This program is the main reason I decided not to renew my membership with the ARRL. This organization appears to enjoy being in the dark ages and refuses to get up to speed with modern society. As much as we all don't like it, it's ain't 1977 anymore. Did they write LOTW on a Commodore or a TRS-80?
WA6KYR Rating: 4/5 Sep 30, 2015 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Software is great once installed  Time owned: months
To install LOTW I contacted the ARRL years ago.
They were very helpful. Thanks to the ARRL for all they do to help our hobby in Congress.
K5BG Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2015 16:32 Send this review to a friend
What's Not To Like  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using LOTW since the ARRL put it in place.
127,000 QSO records
43,000 QSL records
Dating back to the year 2000 when I started some form of computer logging.
LOTW has been in use on numerous computers.
Always an easy change over.
ARRL has always been helpful and quick to help me out when "I" screwed up.
AND it's FREE !! What's not to like ?
73 and Good DX
Bob, K5BG
WA4FOM Rating: 0/5 Sep 30, 2015 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Aw, Hay-yul NO  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't care if the ARRL only likes LOTW. This product is absolute garbage, just like their QST reader (try getting support on that, by the way). Clearly, LOTW was conceived in the cesspools of the Seventh Level of Hell, and developed by a team of tin-foil-hat divas. The hoops one has to jump through just to get this abomination working should set off all manner of warning klaxons in one's head. And, my experience is that you have to repeat this mind-numbing procedure every few (3?) years.

I have reached a ripe old age where I refuse to entertain anything within what is supposed to be a "hobby" that causes so much frustration. I still enjoy filling out QSL cards the old-fashioned way, and will do so until the ARRL decides to perform an exorcism on this demon-haunted monstrosity. I want nothing to do with it for now.
K7VGW Rating: 1/5 Sep 30, 2015 14:01 Send this review to a friend
A paranoid mess to install  Time owned: months
I've tried twice to jump through the ARRL hoops to install LOTW on my field operating laptop. First was the application process and password generation, followed by several days waiting for a postcard with another password and a download link for the .tq6 digital key.

Next came to requirement to download and install the "trusted qsl" app ... except the ARRL link from their instruction sheet was broken ... "404 Not Found." A Google search found a link at SourceForge (which is now a nest of adware and cookie tracking) and I'm good to go, right?

Wrong! I don't have email on my dedicated laptop which is used for digital ops and logging. I saved the .tq6 certificate file to a thumb drive, transferred it to the laptop, tried to load it into the trusted qsl app ... and was informed that I'm not allowed to install the certificate on a different computer than the one used to request the certificate.

I wiped the files. No LOTW for me. I'm not ready for this level of paranoia, ARRL ... and I'm not installing email on my laptop that is used exclusively for hamming just to satisfy your arcane, distrusting rules.

I'll take a look at eQSL. I really don't need ARRL paper anyway.
W2DDG Rating: 0/5 Aug 16, 2015 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Nope  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this set up for a few years and hardly use it because it's so unusable. I just received a notice that I need to "renew my security certificate". For what? and what's with all the "gates" you have to go through to use it? I'm a Ham, not crewing a nuclear submarine. I like the easy to use e-qsl. Needless to say, I won't be "renewing my security certificate", and I won't be looking back. Same with my ARRL membership. Didn't renew this year, and I won't be renewing. Their whole operation, and "magazine/catalog, kind of suck.
AA6VB Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2015 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using LOTW for a number of years and really enjoy being able to receive a confirmation while the DXpedition is still operating. What's not to like about that!?!

I recently changed computers and it was a snap to obtain and load a new Certificate. I made the request on Saturday and Monday morning the certificate was in my inbox.

Way to go ARRL. What a wonderful service!!