Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW
ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Reviews: 554 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $00.00
Description: LoTW ... is a repository of log records submitted by users from around the world. When both participants in a QSO submit matching QSO records to LoTW, the result is a QSL that can be used for ARRL award credit.
More info: http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

You can write your own review of the ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW.

W3OU Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Really Improved  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I started with LoTW, would do an annual load for the first few years. Really easy with logs now. Since there is an electronic contest log to submit, not much more effort to load into LoTW. Uploaded contest logs this season the Monday morning after contests. There were 100s of QSLed contacts coming right up. Also the speed is up there. Rather than the old wait, I noticed this year that when I switch from Trusted QSL to LoTW, the QSOs are waiting there.

KS4TL Rating: 4/5 Jan 8, 2015 07:48 Send this review to a friend
It's Getting Better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thought it was time to revisit my initial (and very harsh) assessment after two years of using LoTW.

ARRL seems to have fixed the problems with system performance that once plagued LoTW. I haven't had any issues at all with upload processing over the last year, even right after contests. My logging software now integrates LoTW almost seamlessly. And LoTW certainly is a boom for those chasing WAS and DXCC.

Just two issues need resolving before I'd give LoTW a 5:

- ARRL and RSGB need to sort out their differences so that LoTW can be used for IOTA awards;

- obtaining the initial certificate and getting your LoTW account validated still seems to be a needlessly arcane process.

W8JAS Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Easy - Thanks ARRL!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My installation of LoTW was just incredibly easy. Too about 5 minutes. When I see people having problems, it is probably one of several things. They cannot follow instructions, the are very unfamiliar with their computer and installing software, or they are just too lazy or incapable of figuring out the obvious. If you cannot figure out how to install something as easy as LoTW, how did these people get a license? But that being said, I have my Ham Radio Deluxe installation linked to the LoTW software (again easy) so that every QSO is easily uploaded to the ARRL LoTW application with a few quick mouse clicks. It is quick and easy and does not cost anything in postage. I am getting about 45% confirmation rate now with over 3,000 QSLs. Just think of the postage I have saved by not having to mail QSL cards! LoTW is great, easy and everyone should be using it if they want to earn operating awards.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
what's not to like?  Time owned: more than 12 months
58% QSL confirmation rate. (this is amazing!)

DXCC on 3 bands -- all LoTW.

What's not to like?

If you cannot make it work, the problem is not with LoTW.

72,683 other people have made it work, and have uploaded 639 MILLION QSO records resulting in over 100 MILLION QSL confirmations.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased to be on LoTW  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like many I had difficulty setting this up, but I use QRZ.com as a log book, and their instructions made it relatively simple. With just a couple of clicks, I upload contacts frequently. LoTW also makes keeping track of DXCC awards very easy.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 02:38 Send this review to a friend
The Secret of LOTW Success!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found the secret, and I'll be 75 in 3 weeks. Read the instructions fully and then proceed step-by-step. Voila!! It works.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

K7LY Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2014 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using LOTW since the beginning. Sure makes QSL confirming a piece of cake. Never, ever a problem. Tnx ARRL.

N7VFW Rating: 1/5 Dec 28, 2014 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Stay away! Ham radio is a hobby not a job.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Arrl makes this software feel like your making a trip to the moon. It's just that damn frustrating! When it works it takes multiple uploads of my log book before i get confirmation. Setting up a account makes you feel like you need a degree in rocket science. I wrote the Arrl multiple times about this trash program. Tech support is only done through email, and when you do have problem the support is quick to blaim your equipment when it is indeed theres. I'm tired of helping Arrl with software thats not fit to even be in betta. Hire programers that will listen to hams, and make this program what should have been years ago until arrl fixes it and listens to their fellow hams stay away.

N0PQK Rating: 1/5 Dec 14, 2014 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Very poor implementation   Time owned: more than 12 months
After going through this process I almost forgot that ham radio is my hobby not an extension of my day job. Setting this up and making it work was as enjoyable as trouble shooting computer issues at work, but at least at work I get paid.

Needless to say I WILL NOT be using it, nor will I be recommending it to others, in fact I think I will stay with the QRZ logbook.

K2TW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 15:25 Send this review to a friend
So far it's working great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After getting back on HF after several years I decided to QSL via LoTW only. I'm happy to report that so far everything is working just like it should. Two uploads so far have been successful (ADIF created from N1MM Logger, verified by tQSL).