Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW
ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW Reviews: 597 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $00.00
Description: LoTW ... is a repository of log records submitted by users from around the world. When both participants in a QSO submit matching QSO records to LoTW, the result is a QSL that can be used for ARRL award credit.
More info: http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

You can write your own review of the ARRL - Logbook of the World - LoTW.

KD2FIP Rating: 0/5 Mar 28, 2015 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Absolute crap  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using it for a little over a year I have discovered how bad this 'software' really is. Much like a lot of people's impression of Ham Radio as a whole, this kludge of a logging program is something from the days of TRS-80s and Basic Programming. No facility for making corrections? No facility for deleting duplicates or errors? Really? The sad part is that too many people are still using it. A dinosaur that should have been there for the asteroid strike. If you're NOT using it, DON'T Start. There are far better loggin programs out there. Qrz.com is light years ahead of LOTW.

KX5M Rating: 1/5 Feb 24, 2015 15:18 Send this review to a friend
User unfriendly.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I know my way around the block when it comes to software and computers. I had this software running and uploaded my log in just a few minutes. The main problem that I can see is LOTW software is user unfriendly for the folks that are not computer whiz-kids. If I had to assign a letter grade for it I think an F+ would be fair. No wonder everyone is either not using LOTW or switching to eQSL. Just my 2 cents worth.

VE1YY Rating: 4/5 Feb 17, 2015 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Trouble Tickets Handled Well  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you have one call then you need not read.

I have merged two calls due to a move from one district to another in Canada.

TQSL found an old signing authority and bombed.

LoTW read my email, looked at the attachments, and dispatched a fix not shown in the FAQs.

FIXED!

Happy Ham!

NG0K Rating: 2/5 Feb 10, 2015 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Still Not Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm just starting to get active in radio again now that my kids are in college and I have time. I'm in the process of getting LOTW set up on a Win 8 machine and am discovering it is the same pile as it was a few years ago.

W3OU Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Really Improved  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I started with LoTW, would do an annual load for the first few years. Really easy with logs now. Since there is an electronic contest log to submit, not much more effort to load into LoTW. Uploaded contest logs this season the Monday morning after contests. There were 100s of QSLed contacts coming right up. Also the speed is up there. Rather than the old wait, I noticed this year that when I switch from Trusted QSL to LoTW, the QSOs are waiting there.

KS4TL Rating: 4/5 Jan 8, 2015 07:48 Send this review to a friend
It's Getting Better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thought it was time to revisit my initial (and very harsh) assessment after two years of using LoTW.

ARRL seems to have fixed the problems with system performance that once plagued LoTW. I haven't had any issues at all with upload processing over the last year, even right after contests. My logging software now integrates LoTW almost seamlessly. And LoTW certainly is a boom for those chasing WAS and DXCC.

Just two issues need resolving before I'd give LoTW a 5:

- ARRL and RSGB need to sort out their differences so that LoTW can be used for IOTA awards;

- obtaining the initial certificate and getting your LoTW account validated still seems to be a needlessly arcane process.

W8JAS Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Easy - Thanks ARRL!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My installation of LoTW was just incredibly easy. Too about 5 minutes. When I see people having problems, it is probably one of several things. They cannot follow instructions, the are very unfamiliar with their computer and installing software, or they are just too lazy or incapable of figuring out the obvious. If you cannot figure out how to install something as easy as LoTW, how did these people get a license? But that being said, I have my Ham Radio Deluxe installation linked to the LoTW software (again easy) so that every QSO is easily uploaded to the ARRL LoTW application with a few quick mouse clicks. It is quick and easy and does not cost anything in postage. I am getting about 45% confirmation rate now with over 3,000 QSLs. Just think of the postage I have saved by not having to mail QSL cards! LoTW is great, easy and everyone should be using it if they want to earn operating awards.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
what's not to like?  Time owned: more than 12 months
58% QSL confirmation rate. (this is amazing!)

DXCC on 3 bands -- all LoTW.

What's not to like?

If you cannot make it work, the problem is not with LoTW.

72,683 other people have made it work, and have uploaded 639 MILLION QSO records resulting in over 100 MILLION QSL confirmations.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased to be on LoTW  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like many I had difficulty setting this up, but I use QRZ.com as a log book, and their instructions made it relatively simple. With just a couple of clicks, I upload contacts frequently. LoTW also makes keeping track of DXCC awards very easy.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 02:38 Send this review to a friend
The Secret of LOTW Success!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found the secret, and I'll be 75 in 3 weeks. Read the instructions fully and then proceed step-by-step. Voila!! It works.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T