Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | D&W MFG square halo Help

Reviews Summary for D&W MFG square halo
D&W MFG square halo Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: 2 meter square halo
More info: http://www.dwtulsa.com

You can write your own review of the D&W MFG square halo.

W8LON Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2003 23:26 Send this review to a friend
Very well built!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna direct from manufacturer,Howard did a great job on this one and bent over backwards to get it to me in time for a 1800 mile trip to Fergus Falls MN.from Mi.With a borrowed 150 watt brick I made contacts in every grid with beaams following to and from!
Have since upgraded to a 200 watt amp and used it during September contest in 5 grids several contacts over 300 miles with base ops saying bad band conditions I never stopped driving covering 300 miles in 6 hrs thru 4 grids..and had contacts thruout..Reason for roving it hears more than my base setup with stacked beams and mast mount preamps fed with hardline...nice looking antenna although wife calls it a clothes dryer..and it always get a look at every stoplight..(they just wish they were mobiling on 2 ssb)Next I think I will purchase D&W's Bigwheels for 2ssb..and ill give them the test on a tower leg!