Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Diamond WD-330 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond WD-330
Diamond WD-330 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $unknown
Description: T2FD based broadband dipole for 2-30 Mhz. at 150 Watt max.
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.co.jp/e-catalog/c-htm/kotei/w.htm

You can write your own review of the Diamond WD-330.

DH4SC Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2012 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Great (if homebrewed)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the last 15 years I had so many antennas, any size, any style, beams, verticals, wires......Now I looked for an antenna which can handle the complete shortwave spectrum because I was was sick of tower, radial networks, masts, guying wires and expensive gear.
So I didnīt believe in this bad reports about the W3HH/T2FD antennas and gave it a try.
I build one 28,6m long, 0,85m spacers, 390 Ohms resistor, 6:1 Balun. Spacers made of high strengh POM plastic bars of different diameter.
Easy to build, easy to put up on a mast. AND IT WORKS WELL!!!!! Compared to a ZS6BKW in the same height there is almost no difference, on 15m the W3HH works better.
Comared to monoband dipoles on 80m/160 thereīs almost no difference on 80m, but on 160m the full size dipole it always abt. 3 S units better.
Conclusion:
The W3HH/T2FD antenna is if itīs well build not as bad as many hams say. But there are different versions of this antenna so I can only quote mine.
For me itīs the best all band compromise available, I can work all bands 80m to 10m with great success. For 160m I still use my dipole.

AG6HS Rating: 4/5 Feb 7, 2012 15:35 Send this review to a friend
Great broadband antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My experience with the WD-330S (S for short) is overall good. Like all antennas, performance is mounting dependant. I did a roof mount with the antenna 5 ft over the ridge line of a cedar shake roof. It is <2:1 VSWR from about 3 Mhz to over 28 MHz; very broadband. No weather effects noted. Efficiency is about 2-3 S-units down from a 30ft groundplane vertical with base at the same height; but the vertical needs to be tuned.

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2012 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent diversity antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Since I was not able to put up a full size antenna for 80m and needed something for 40m also ,i narrowed my search to a few shortened dipoles and a T2FD.
I finally choosed the WD-330 for it's size and pricing. I had to order it from Wimo in Germany since this model is not available in north america.
Quality of materials is first rate like always from Diamond.Mine is installed as a sloper with one endat 25' and the other one at 6'.
It replace a long wire of the same lenght.Performance is on par with the predicted behavior of a T2FD.On 40m and up , I could not see a difference compared to a dipole. It rival my vertical(Cushcraft MA6V) on certain paths. The low noise feature is something that has to be experienced. A station from Antartica buried in S7 noise on the vertical became readable at S5 on the WD-330. It's nice to have both.
Performance on 80m was a little deceiving at first (as predicted by modelisation) but my final full lenght sloper configuration has improve the reports enough to convince me to keep it.
I had the antenna first mounted as an inverted V close to the house with a separation angle of 90 degres between the legs.
I will now try to make a support in the back of the yard to raise the low end make the antenna more horizontal. BTW , SWR is flat across the spectrum. If you have sufficient space they are
probably better solutions (especially for 80m) but I think it's a good all-around perfomer in a compact and good looking 80' of wire.

SP9LWH Rating: 1/5 Nov 17, 2003 13:58 Send this review to a friend
It is too expensive for a dummy load  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Fatal transmit antenna for low band.
Work "typical" only on 40m , 30m ,17m,

LU2HLR Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2003 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Excelent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is based upon the traditional T2FD (Terminated double Folded Dipole) principle.

It has a total length of 25 mtr. (about 12,5 mtr. per side) and comes supplied with 30 mtr. of coax with soldered on PL-259 connectors, all ready for installation and use.

In my case it was mounted as an inverted V, center at about 6 mtr. height, ends at about 1-1,5 mtr. above the ground.

Installation was a snap and done within minutes.

VSWR as follows (German bands):

28000 1
28500 1,2
29000 1,6
29700 1,9

Despite the supplied instruction sheetsīs VSWR curve, it is purely mathematic and affected by surrounding objects, type of installation, etc.

An excelent antenna for broadband use with a tuner, excelent performance from 160 up to about 20 mtr.
For the bands between 20 and 10 mtrs. it also works well but a Yagi is of course a better performer.