Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | Saratoge Amateur Products PowerPanel 8 Help

Reviews Summary for Saratoge Amateur Products PowerPanel 8
Saratoge Amateur Products PowerPanel 8 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: The Saratoga Amateur Products PowerPanel 8 is designed to provide convenient, safe and reliable power distribution for all the radios and accessories in you shack or mobile installation. It utilizes the RACES/ARES standard Anderson PowerPole connectors and makes connections fast and easy. Simplify the shack and install standard Anderson PowerPole connectors on all your 12 VDC rigs and accessories. The PowerPanel 8 has one input port and seven output ports.

Features
- 8 Port DC power distribution panel
- Each port is individually fused and filtered
- Uses standard mini ATC automotive fuses
- Over-voltage protection
- 30 Amp Rating
- UL94 V-0 housing material
- 3.75 X 3.5 X 1.4
More info: http://www.saratogaham.com

You can write your own review of the Saratoge Amateur Products PowerPanel 8.

K6AER Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2009 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Nice Design  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this power distribution panel on several of my repeaters and they give good reliable service over the years. The use of automotive fuses is a great idea and if a fuse opens, up the socket is back lighted with a LED.

As for some one giving a product a 3 rating because they are having internet problems is just childish. I wish there was some pier review against this sort of thing. Dont post a review if you have not used the product. There is enough agenda journalism in the news media without it seeping into E-Ham.

A simple Google of the product and you would find it can be bought at HRO.

WASKG5OY Rating: 3/5 Nov 30, 2009 17:27 Send this review to a friend
What kind of site....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What sort of product site is this saratogaham anyway?

The products interest me. I would like to order
one item. No where on that site is a link listing
how to order any item, or the prices.

Not even a link to dealers that may carry the items.

That is breath taking.

I'd rather not 'rate' this item as my vote is meaningless but this site requires a vote.
If it was a vote for web site design I'd give it a 2.
NIce product placement but with no links to how one orders your product the vendor is wasting my time.

DJ0RD Rating: 3/5 Sep 6, 2009 05:06 Send this review to a friend
Correction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Link is incorrect: http://www.saratogaham.com/

is correct.

N7TDC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2009 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Solid construction and reliable performance.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm sure glad that I was introduced to these Saratoga PowerPanels...they work very well in handling my DC power distribution needs. I've got three of them for use in my shack, vehicle and go kit. It a nut shell: Solid construction and reliable performance.

K0JEG Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2009 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Very useful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the factory built model just because of the small size and current rating. This was the first Power pole object that I've owned and almost immediately became a convert. I found out about the LED indicators of a blown fuse after accidentally plugging into a lower rated fuse than I should have, which made it very easy to troubleshoot. A few months ago I wanted to get another (or the powerpanel 14) at HRO and was told that they are getting hard to come by. Hopefully that is because they are so popular and not because they may be having troubles.

K7MH Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2004 01:28 Send this review to a friend
Pretty Cool Accessory !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have the built up one not the kit. It seems to be built with first class parts. Iam very happy with it. It would be nice if it had some way of mounting it vertically, some sort of bracket on the back to hang it on a screw or similar. That is a small concern that can easily be fixed. I did waste a couple of the Anderson clips for the connectors by trying to crimp them. They didn't seem to fit in the connector after I crimped them. I had no difficulty after just soldering them. The Power panel is a nice convenience! I don't have to fight with all the power cables attached to the back of my Astron supply when I need to disconnect one of them now! A++

W9DZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2004 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Very Compact  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the kit and the matching enclosure. The heavy duty circuit board runs and large conductors take a LOT of heat to solder. My 40W iron didn't seem up to the task. I ended up using my Weller soldering gun for some of the connections even though the instructions say don't. I've been building kits for 40+ years, but in this case it might have been worthwhile to pay the extra $10 for the factory built model. It is assembled in a jig with all the parts and connectors squared up and no chance of over heating during construction. Shipment to me was prompt and emails were answered in a timely manner.

W4KRL Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2004 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Great product and customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the kit version on the Internet and it arrived two days latter. The instructions are clear and the component quality is excellent. The small size makes this an excellent choice for portable operation but it makes no compromises for use in the shack.

KT6DM Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2003 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit - Good Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up at a local flea market in the kit form. I have to admit, its been a while since I've gotten the soldering iron out, but it was easy to put together in a short time. Most of all - I like the size - I got the matching enclosure, and it complements size and style with the solar-boost charge controller in my shack. MUCH smaller and aesthetically pleasing than the larger PowerPole panels on the market.

KH2QL Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2003 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Good product and excellent customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Its a good quality product, reasonable price, very handy because of its size and excellent customer service.I met him personally.Highly recommended product you won't be disappointed.