Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2E for FT-90 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2E for FT-90
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 1.5/5 MSRP: $38
Description: Programming software for FT-90

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2E for FT-90.

KE4RWS Rating: 0/5 Sep 30, 2003 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Terrible Product, Terrible Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
The first two reviews say it all for this software. RT Systems once again didn't do their homework. Rt Systems continues to slide in terms of customer support, which, THERE IS NONE.

Don't waste your money. I suppose Yaesu had to hook up with someone. Too bad it was with these guys . . .

KG4RUL Rating: 0/5 Sep 30, 2003 00:09 Send this review to a friend
High School Kids could do better!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have yet to see an RT Systems product that did not have either severe installation problems OR did not do all of the advertised functions. I would put them on my DO NOT BUY list. Too bad Yaesu remains hooked up with these people!!

KC8PMM Rating: 0/5 Sep 29, 2003 20:52 Send this review to a friend
Does it work for anyone?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ADMS-2E programming kit from AES (This is Yaesu's version) and it wouldn't even install on my windows 2000 computer. I was able to install it on a windows 95 machine but I got a "Failed Device" error on it.

I contacted RT systems and, after a few days of begging, they sent me some VBS files that allowed me to install the software.

Once I installed ADMS 2E on my Windows 2000 computer, I anxiously double-clicked on the icon to start the program. After all, I had owned the software for a week and still hadn't used it. An error window popped up- "Insufficient Memory." 256 Meg is too little memory to run ADMS-2E?

I found some trialware on the internet from RT systems. It works. I e-mailed them and they said (after I waited a few more days) I could send my disks to them and they would give me their version. Too bad I'd already sent the disks back to AES for exchange.

I received the replacement disks from AES a few days later and they still won't work on any of my computers (Win 98, Win 95, and Win 2000). Does this crap work on anyone's computer? The FT 2600 disks worked when I tried them but I don't have that radio.

Anyway, I mailed the disks out today to RT systems. $10 extra in shipping costs might get me the working program yet. I recommend going straight to RT Systems if you must buy this software.