Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | AEA Model QT-1 Help

Reviews Summary for AEA Model QT-1
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 300-watt antenna tuner, with built-in antenna switch, watt/SWR meter and dummy load.

You can write your own review of the AEA Model QT-1.

G3SQU Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2015 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased (used) recently on Ebay for under 100. I believe it is a re-badged Vectronics VC-300DLP (the dummy load actually has Vectronics stamped on it and the manuals seem pretty well identical). The QT-1 tunes up my doublet (Norcal design with 22ft legs) on all bands 80-10m really nicely. Neither my ZM-2 Z-match nor my Kenwood AT-200 (with external balun) would tune this antenna on 80m. The inductor switch doesn't appear very heavy duty so I'm not surprised by reviewers comments about it burning up when run above 100W, but I'm having no issues with it running 20W through it to the balanced antenna.
Dislikes: The tuning capacitor knobs - placed so close together that I find them uncomfortable to use with the tuner sitting on my desk surface. Also I would have preferred a current balun to the built-in 4:1 voltage balun, and wonder if this might be responsible for burnouts at higher power levels.
Other than that I'm pretty pleased with this purchase so far.

My comment in the previous review about switch burn-out is with reference to user reviews of (what appears to be) the identical VC-300DLP Vectronics ATU.
GW0IRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2005 18:35 Send this review to a friend
good buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
excellent atu only used it with 130 foot end fed but have used a kw600 amp giving 300watts out and no problems meter is accurate works very well cant ask for anything more......
XE1UFO Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2003 22:54 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
-The unit has worked flawlessly with many rigs and antennas. It has travelled to other countries and matched many a random wire to my rigs.
-It also has a built-in balun for ladder line.
-The antenna switch lets you select among three differnt coax-fed antennas, besides the ballanced line antenna. The ballanced line can also be jumpered externally for feeding a random wire/longwire antenna.
-It has a 12-V.D.C. plug on the back for a meter lamp for the cross-needle SWR/Wattmeter. The meter can also be switched (front panel) between peak/average watts and 30/300 watts. Great for QRP!