Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | PSK31 Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for PSK31 Deluxe
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: PSK31 Deluxe is a PSK31 and PSK63 program for novices and power users. Integrates with Ham Radio Deluxe CAT software.
More info: http://www.kns.ch/sysgem/hb9drv/PSK31%20Deluxe.htm

You can write your own review of the PSK31 Deluxe.

K3BLB Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2006 02:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Application!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My day job requires me to use computers ALOT so I've gotten picky about wanting good user interfaces. This one exceeds all my expectations. I initially tried PSK31 based on user reviews on eHam and they were spot-on. It got me into PSK31 quickly and painlessly.

N1ZHE Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2004 22:22 Send this review to a friend
A New Slant on PSK Deluxe  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can echo all the good things about PSK31 deluxe that are said above. I can't believe it's FREE!

Here's a new slant. It runs perfectly under Linux, if you install it using Codeweaver's Office Plugin. Just install it as "Unsupported" software and it will install and run fine.

I have to go and have some more great fun with this product!

David, N1ZHE

K9YC Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2004 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Makes PSK31 easy and fun!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm an old timer (49 years on the air), but had never operated PSK31. This software made it really easy to get my feet wet. In fact, it was so easy and intuitive that I couldn't believe it -- I thought there must be something else to it.

Like other PSK31 software, there's a scrolling panaramic view running laterally across the screen that allows you to click on a signal and copy it. If you want to transmit on that frequency, simply click on transmit and start typing. There are many memories, so you don't have to type a lot if you don't want to get personal. And there's automatic logging of PSK qso's!

But the best part of PSK31 is a vertically oriented "Browser View" of the band that can display (AND COPY!) up to 20 PSK signals simultaneously, with one line devoted to each!

I found PSK31 Deluxe as part of the Ham Radio Deluxe suite of rig control software (also a winner!) -- it was another button on the menu bar. So I tried it, and once I had made up the interface cables for the sound card, I was on the air.

Rig interface is painless -- PSK31 can use Ham Radio Deluxe to tell the radio to transmit, so all you need are audio inputs and outputs! A test with my audio spectrum analyzer showed that the PSK31 signal it generates on my IBM T22 has VERY low distortion if you're careful to stay about 6 dB below clip. Other sound cards may be less wonderful.

Ham Radio Deluxe is an intuitive and powerful rig control program that I find very nice to use for general QSO's, and even for chasing DX. I like it a lot.

The third program in the suite, Mapper, displays a world map in either flat or as a polar view (with beam headings)centered on your QTH! But that's only the beginning -- you can zoom in anywhere on the flat map and see maidenhead grids! The map background still needs work to show as much detail as one would like, but Mapper is a very nice bonus.

N8VB Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2004 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Try It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
You won't be disappointed with this software. Try it alone or integrated with Ham Radio Deluxe. It is continually improved by a very responsive programmer.

Check out the Yahoo group at

N8VB

PE1NPG Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2004 07:43 Send this review to a friend
One of the best around  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I tried a lot of (free) software for PSK, this is the best for me!.
The superbrowser is great, up to 40 QSO's in one screen, I adapted the fonts and colors for better readability in this mode.
If you want multimode try MixW, if you want only PSK this is what you need. Great combination with Ham Radio Deluxe, both are free!

W7RJR Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2003 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Looking good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded and installed this sotware based upon the reviews here. I was able to install and use the software in less than 60 minutes and without the documentation. I am impressed!

The software has a good feel to it. It is a thorough implementation, yet, is relatively easy to setup and understand.

My only disappointment was the lack of a real QSO log, although the author promises this in future versions.

Every serious PSK operator should use this piece of software. Excellent contribution to amateur radio. Thanks!!

N4SJW Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2003 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Best of breed and it's free!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'll second the review below. I tried DigiPan, Hamscope, MixW (the demo version) and this package is the best of them all. I do like the ability to see multiple conversations at the same time. Actually this is handy for tweaking the audio level to get it just right. The options menu is slighly confusing but like any complex software package you get used to it. My only lament is that it does not do MFSK16.

Try it, you'll like it.

N4SJW

K4KTX Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2003 23:58 Send this review to a friend
Simply amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used other PSK software, such as DigiPan and MixW (obviously more than PSK), trying to find a user interface and function set that seemed right. This is it. The interface is quite a bit more complex than DigiPan, but also much more powerful. Being able to simultaneously monitor 15+ QSO's in progress seemed overkill at first read. But immediately after trying the "Super Browser" function it's usefulness was obvious. Combined with the ability to create custom "alarms" driven from pattern matching in the received QSO's this is a very powerful capability. The alarms will inform you when they've found someone calling CQ, or a particular callsign or country you've specified. It sounds complex but it is actually very easy after a few minutes. I still use MixW for other modes, but PSK31 Deluxe owns all my PSK activity.