Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas
LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas Reviews: 276 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $52 to $125 Depending on Band
Description: End-fed, half-wave wire antennas..
More info: http://www.LnRprecision.com

You can write your own review of the LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas.

KC9IWE Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2014 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Great, portable antennas  Time owned: more than 12 months
An EF-20 has been in my pack four years; the EFT-10/20/40 Trail Friendly since June 2014.

The '20 has been a very reliable high performer for a Yaesu FT 817 and now my Elecraft KX3. Often I'll hang it as a sloper from a Jackite pole, sometimes suspended from a line over a branch. It always has produced results.

I bought the EFT-10/20/40 Trail Friendly for a recent trip to the US Virgin Islands (go there, have a rum punch, laze on the beach, forget everything!) but it would not tune despite the persistent efforts of the KX3's autotuner. Ended up using the '20 making great 5W contacts in the US, Europe and Russia.

The LNR Precision guys quickly responded, once I got home, and very quickly traded out antennas for a one without a defect. The replacement is working out as well as the older '20 and, even though the '20 fits easily in the pack, is quite a bit smaller.

Great antennas; great customer service.

W6ZKH Rating: 2/5 Sep 15, 2014 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Not much luck  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the 20 meter version for several years, and as yet havent had much luck with it, no matter what the power out of the xcvr. It seems to hear okay, but SWR is >2:1. But I keep giving it a try when portable. I prefer my Buddipole more though.

IZ0JOJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2014 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Never wrote a review but..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Foreword 1) I never spent time to write a review
Foreword 2) I tried several antennas: alex loop, no counterpoise, Buddipole, MP1 but....

The LNR precision End Fed antenna literally R - O - C - K - S !!!!

I don't want to spend further words.
If you will have this antenna, Just remember this rule :

On the receiver:
- Smeter 7 to 9+10 : you can switch your power to 2.5 watts and - have 57 or 59 report back...

- Smeter 3 - 7: you should use all your QRP power (5 watts) and have your usual 57 59 report back

- Smeter 1- 5: you can try, but depends on QSB , QRM ... you can have good chance always more than 40% to get a report back.

Nice, superb, excellent antenna!

VE3JSJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2014 19:21 Send this review to a friend
"Trail Friendly" Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used the LNR Trail Friendly antenna while on a three week camping trip in Eastern Canada. Fed with 20ft RG174 and suspended from an 18ft telesopic pole lashed to the side of the trailer, terminating on a convenient tree limb about 6ft off the ground - a "sloper".

SWR less than 1.6:1 on the entire 40m band, never failed to get PACTOR connections with 10 watts from my KX3. SWR less than 1.5:1 over the 20m band.

The only 'con' is a minor one - don't drag the trap over the grass, it will snag !!

W9WHF Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2014 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Easily Deployed EF Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the EF-40,EF-20 and the QRP EF 40-20-10 o over 5 years. My application is H-O-A Stealth and portable (strung from low bushes to palm trees (on vacation). I have overpowered the 40-20-10 on SSB by 100% and at home have mounted the 40-20-10 and the EF-40 and EF-20 stapled to my 6'-0" wooden fence in "stealth mode". I cannot say enough praises to Dale and his products for giving me the chance to make many 100's of contacts under horrible conditions. These antennas are exceptionally well made and they PERFORM. Just in the process of evaluating the new Quad EF, it works beautifully at only 16' elev. running only 5 Watts.37 DX contacts and counting. This is the favorite brand(IMHO) antenna for SOTA and QRP operations and reasonably priced.

AD4IE Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Great for backpacking  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my EFT-10/20/40 Trail Friendly since June of 2013 and have used it to activate several North Carolina mountains while participating in Summits On The Air. This antenna has done everything I have asked it to do. On some mountain tops I've had to wind it through trees in some rather convoluted patterns with no problem. The ATU in my KX3 has tuned it to any frequency on any band that I have asked from 80 through 6 meters. My only wish, and this is not a complaint, is that I wish that it were also available in either red or yellow as the black wire is often hard to see on the trail.
Itís the good stuff. Buy it.

KC9IWE Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Small size, great performance!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the EFT-10/20/40 Trail-Friendly and the EF-20 from LNR. The '20 has taken my FT 817 and KX3 around the world on 5 watts. I just got the 10/20/40 and could not tune it; LNR cheerfully took it back and sent me a new one that does exactly as advertised. It's tiny -- wrapped up on its self-winder it about the size of a cigar -- so it takes little room in the little pack I use for my Elecraft.
I highly recommend both of the antennas as well as LNR's rapid, friendly customer service.

AE7UT Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic antenna with top-notch customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned an LNR EF-10/20/40 MkII for over a year. I've made countless contacts camping, hiking, SOTA, back yard and on the beach. The antenna just works. I use a Jackite fiberglass pole or a carbon fiber crappie pole as a mast if no trees are around. The price seemed high until I used it and compared it to the other portable antennas. Believe me it's the best bang for the buck out there.

I recently pulled my antenna out of my back pack to find the coil broken (my fault). I called LNR-Precision to see if I could purchase one separately. He was emphatic that the antenna should have withstood my carelessness and sent me a replacement for free.

Great antenna combined with amazing customer service. What more can you ask for?

KK4NWW Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 21:54 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
HI THERE, TODAY I WENT TO A NATIONAL PARK IN KEY LARGO FLORIDA. AND I WORKED 36 STATIONS WORKING QRP (10w) POLAND, AZORES ISLAND, FRANCE, SPAIN, ITALY, VENEZUELA, PUERTO RICO. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND MORE. I DEPLOYED THE 20 METERS MONOBAND IN SLOPER FASHION, just THROWING IT OVER A TREE.
I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO GET ONE.
73S de KK4NWW

WB6I Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 23:32 Send this review to a friend
It just works  Time owned: more than 12 months
Due to HOA restrictions, I run QRP 5W with the LNR 40-20-10 and LNR 15 end fed dipoles. Each is mounted as slanted dipoles with the high end attached to a palm tree that is only 16 ft. With this QRP setup I've worked all 50 states and 102 countries.