Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas
LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas Reviews: 272 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $52 to $125 Depending on Band
Description: End-fed, half-wave wire antennas..
More info: http://www.LnRprecision.com

You can write your own review of the LNR Precision End-Fed Half-Wave Wire Antennas.

WB4JHS Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2013 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Works Great DX!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Worked T32 and VU3 with 10 watts and it placed up 15 feet and shooting a vee over a palm tree fron! I get great sig reports. If I can hear them I can work them! Took it to Panama from a hotel too. GET ONE!

VR2YQK Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Once again, Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Two years ago, I purchased the 10M and 20M END FED wire antennas and wrote a review on the 10M previously.

Now, I have bought the 6M and 15M ENDFED as well. They are used at the backyard of my house and as QRP antennas.

The EndFed antennas are just great. This morning, I worked many stations in the South East Asia with the 15M and all got 5:9 reports. The VSWR of this 15M is as low as 1.07 and it covers the whole 15M band and under 1.5VSWR. Brilliant.

KG4LLQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2013 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I need a QRP 40/20/10 meter antenna for portable operating as well as an emergency antenna at my QTH. I have operated this antenna in both situations and can report excellent results. Presently I have it erected at my home QTH to replace a folded dipole which I am repairing. The LNR EndFedz allows me to operate the 40 meter CW portion with an SWR of 1.8:1, the 20 meter band at 1.5:1 and the 10 meter band at 1.5:1. I have a regular sked with a friend in Iowa on 20 meters & usually use a Force 12 vertical and my 100 watt transceiver. Today I used the EndFedz antenna with my Icom 703 running at 10 watts. I received an RST of 589! This antenna is AMAZING.

N9APD Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2013 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice & Small  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried many portable options to activate my station from hotel rooms (I travel a lot for work). Nothing has come close to this antenna. Just book a high floor, open the window thew tiny crack hotels let you open it, drop the nearly invisible wire down the side, and get on the air. It's a great easy to pack option for my FT-817. It hears much better than my vertical at my base station - I'll be adding the standard multi-band version soon and keeping my trail ready one in my road case.

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2013 00:53 Send this review to a friend
EF-10/20/40  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just want to correct my previous error: The extended capabilities of the antenna go from 10m to 60m. This is accomplished by cutting the resonator wires for the correct length and replacing the factory ones. I had accidentally put 10-6m on my previous review, where I mentioned it while reviewing the 40/20m model.

As with all of the Par/LNR products, this antenna is well made and very useful for QRP. It is very versatile.

Regarding changing out the bands, you can use a full length 40m to increase the bandwidth over the supplied one. I solder end rings to .26 gauge Silky wire, and then put hot glue on for strength.

KB7MGA Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2013 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Antennas  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My QTH requires a covert antenna setup. I was skeptical of the simplicity of LNRs products but decided to give the 20m antenna a shot based on reviews.

I am able to work the world with this incredible antenna. I had plans for more elaborate antennas in the future once I didn't have to "compromise" but I am so happy with the reports I get that I have added the 40m and have plans to get one or two more LNR end fed antennas.

The LNR end fed antenna is all you need for a permanent antenna.

I use a TS-480HX at up to 200w so I have not opted for the multi band LNR antennas.

Try one and you will not be disappointed.

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2013 00:03 Send this review to a friend
"Trail Friendly"-- you bet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got myself the "Trail Friendly" 40/20/10, the latest wire from the guys at LNR. As with my other LNR EFHW , this one is quite satisfactory, and has new features:
The matchbox is even smaller than the LNR 20 model.
The unique wind-up frame holds the matching coil .

My only caveat would be to take care when raising/lowering
the antenna : the tiny black stealthy wire can be damaged or stretched if pulled too tightly. LNR also reminds the user to be gentle during set-up. Pulling this antenna really taut is not a good idea.
SWR readings were a pleasant surprise. On 40, it's about
1.6./1 on 40, and about 1.4/1 on both 30m and 10 m.
I'm a happy convert to joys of RG 174 feed-lines, so you can see how lightweight this antenna can be.

Another nice feature is the fact that you can use ANY half-wave wire attached to the tuner box.
This is hard to beat : a 3 band HF antenna in your shirt pocket.

W2OMD Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2013 12:58 Send this review to a friend
They just work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the tri-band EF-10/20/40, and the 17M EF-17. I strung them horizontally out a 2nd floor window, and have talked all over the world running under 100 watts. If you follow the instruction and trim them properly, you can get a 1:1 SWR on almost the entire band. Some people call them expensive for what they are. Considering how well they work, I call them a bargain. The only con is the EF-10/20/40 is only rated for 25 watts.

WJ0E Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Antenna Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned the 20m LNR Pars end-fed and kept it in my "go kit" with a couple of great portable rigs, the Elecraft KX3 and Icom 7000. I've used it a few times at my home with an Icom 7600 and it has a great VSWR curve across the band. I wanted to get on 17m and didn't have any antennas that would work, so I ordered the 17m LNR Pars end-fed E-17H and it arrived yesterday. I went out and strung it up using the center post of my dipole, some antenna line to suspend it with the top wire end at 25 feet and the small coax connection box at 12 feet. Total antenna length is only 25.6 feet and I slopped it on a N-S path. First 2 calls in pileups and I talked to Germany and Italy on 17m! Great antenna for full-time use and a must have for go kits, field day or portable activities. Super light weight, easy to deploy and works like something that would cost 5 times as much! Another 5 rating!! I see why everyone seems to love this antenna design. Quality, performance and a real value for the money.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2013 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Period  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use the 10/20/40m one of the very best tri-band antennas I have ever used. I have erected it as a vertical, Inverted L, Dipole.

It just plain works no tuner needed in fact they suggest you "don't use one". I have not checked my miles per watt yet but will soon.