Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | KMA 50500 VHF/UHF Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for KMA 50500 VHF/UHF Log Periodic
KMA 50500 VHF/UHF Log Periodic Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $315
Description: 20 element, 12 foot boom LPDA covering 50 to 500 MHz
More info: http://www.kmaantennas.com

You can write your own review of the KMA 50500 VHF/UHF Log Periodic.

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2007 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Making Contacts Now  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm making good contacts at the 10W power level with my TS-600 Kenwood on 6 meters. Got KP4I in Puerto Rico with a booming signal both ways. The antenna is at 30 feet.

I had some VSWR issues, but later found out I had metering issues instead. The antenna's VSWR is within specs and radiating fine.

Thanks Ed for the support. The antenna is a fine piece of work and well put together.

PHILIP
KA4KOE

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2007 04:45 Send this review to a friend
Tank Construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got mine up this weekend. The antenna is put together very well. The manhandling alone would have snapped elements off a lesser antenna. Fed it with low loss CQ Flexi 4XL from the Wireman. Now we just have to wait till 6 opens up so we can make some contacts!

Philip
KA4KOE

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2006 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've got mine up 40' and the results are super. The SWR is as promised, instructions were good. It is precision drilled and cleaned. No re-drilling or other work needed. It went together smoothly. Only problem with mine was 4 screws were missing which I got at the hardware store. I've made contacts on 6 & 2 meters as well as 432 SSB. SWR is under 2 on these bands and it even works as a dynamite TV antenna too. My next project is a 222MHz. transverter in the next few months.

K2WU Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2003 14:45 Send this review to a friend
great starter antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This log periodic is great for hams like me that want to dabble in VHF/UHF, but live in antenna sensitive areas. Neighbors will think it is just a big TV antenna. Quality of materials and workmanship is excellent. This is not a typical mass produced antenna where half of the holes don't line up. Everything is drilled, machined and polished precisely. Assembly is straightforward, but you'll probably have a sore wrist at the end since there are about 50 machine screws to drive in. I have mine with a chimney mount and a real light duty TV rotator - no problems yet. Low SWR on 50/144/440.