Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | HyGain TH11DX Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain TH11DX
HyGain TH11DX Reviews: 24 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1079.95
Description: 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 m, 11-element beam
More info: http://www.hy-gain.com/

You can write your own review of the HyGain TH11DX.

WA4RG Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2017 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine has been up for 14 months now. It did take some time to assemble and once completed after checking out all the dimentions I ran the alalyzer and the swr was very poor. The technician at Hy-gain just said it will drop once it's up. He certainly was correct, the antenna has great swr on all 5 bands, I have never been happier with an antenna. I've got a 50 ft tower that is generally cranked down to 30 feet, the antenna performs superbly.

W2PP Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2017 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Great, held up very well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
So, I promised a long term follow up. Its not been quite a year, but, the windy season has come and gone. I worried about the elements remaining parallel to one another. The elements despite terrible wind did just fine. They haven't moved a bit. With this experience under my belt I'd feel comfortable putting it up on a 100ft tower with others. It performs just fine. No complaints at all. I'd certainly feel very comfortable recommending it. Great F/B in the real world boy that is very impressive, ya better occasionally listen long path you'll be surprised!

WD8NPL Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2016 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you are looking for an antenna that will cover 20-10meters including WARC without a tuner look no farther. As others have noted, this is a large antenna and requires some time putting together. Mine is at 72 feet and I have no problem working DX. I did rivet the element connections in addition to using the hose clamps just for insurance. For the money you cannot beat this antenna.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2015 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Antenna works as advertized   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We recently switched out our 3 year old TH7DX for a TH11DX August 2015 .
I am very happy with the overall performance on all 5 bands. The TH11DX comes with the BN4000 balun that is optional on the TH7DX .
Like others have said it is a 3 day project to put together .Double check all measurements and if you have a question a simple email gets a fast response from Hygain customer service.

N5RMS Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2015 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Shipped in 3 boxes. 2 days to put together. Take your time, lots of parts. Double check measurements.

Out standing performance. If I can hear them, I can work them!

Search the internet for the 40 meter mod!

N1CKX Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2015 04:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built Well.
Replace the 1/4-20 nuts with stainless steel Nylon lock nuts and this will stay up forever.
Take your time, measure twice, lots of parts to put together.
Up for 3 years now through New England Ice storms and winds.
No Issues.
Great Beam

NG4F Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2013 16:01 Send this review to a friend
very large and heavy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After about 9 months now, the bolt in the center of the mounting bracket snapped into, and the bracket snapped at the end of the support cable. The aluminum bolts,they supply just isn't big enough or strong enough to hold this heavy beam. I would recommend changing them to steel,and i drilled the center bracket bolt all the way through the mast and replaced with a 10 inch long, 1/2 inch bolt. I also replaced the bracket bolts with 3/8 steel bolts.The performance is great, and it handles legal limit with ease. Mine is resonant on all 5 bands. Receive is outstanding over a vertical.

YB3OX Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2013 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Great 5 Band Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
For 5 band beam itís a great antenna. Need effort to assemble. 73ís

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2012 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
put up the TH-7 on a Triex 70' Remote crank up tower. It was good in all respects yet needed to be @70 ft to start working on long haul dx. it was gud for 13 years then went to the TH-11. WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!! @ 40' IT WAS AMAZING !! CLEARLY THE LOG CELL WITH SAME BOOM MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND LONG HAUL DX WAS NOT A PROBLEM WITH 5 WATTS OR LESS WITH GOOD PROP... THE TH-11 is AN OUTSTANDING ANTENNA . LOVE THE TH-11 WITH MORE GAIN THAN THE 204BA Monobander on 20m MILL SPECKS (NO GROUND GAIN) now if it only had 30 m. 73 KI0Z Dave

K5BJM Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2012 18:48 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BEAM  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great 5 band beam. Lots of parts, but goes together fine. Built well. Lets me make contacts over both ponds with just 10 watts. With 100 watts you can talk to anyone you hear, and with 1500 watts most of the time they tell me I am the strongest signal on the band. I am very pleased with it. I will buy another one if this one ever fails.