Reviews Categories | Transverters | Hamtronics CC145 Help

Reviews Summary for Hamtronics CC145
Hamtronics CC145 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69
Description: Receive only downconverter 145mhz to 28 mhz
More info: http://www.hamtronics.com

You can write your own review of the Hamtronics CC145.

W7RJR Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2006 23:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the barebones converter unit to use with the VO-52 satellite using my IC756Pro as the IF. If I were to order again I would spend the xtra $30 bucks for the complete unit with case. The input and output connectors on the barebone unit come with RCA connectors. You cannot use ordinary RCA jacks with this board because they are surface mounted and require a shorter center pin. Order the 'special RF kind' from Hamtronics along with a 6 foot length of mini-coax! While you're at it, make sure you also buy the 'new' tuning tool. The converter is pretty much already aligned but you will need the tuning tool to tweak it where you want the best performance.

This unit is performing admirably as a downlink for satellite use. If you have a good ten meter receiver then this is the way to go. Highly recommended.

WA8EBM Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2003 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The $69 unit is the barebones completely built surface mount 2 meter downconverter. I bought the unit to use with my AO-40 2.4 Ghz downconverter. I use it with my TS-2000 fed into the HF rx only port so there is absolutely no chance of transmitting a 2 meter signal into the S band downconverter. I don't have any figures to relate but with a 50 db signal coming out of my CalAmp downconverter the sensitivity of the converter is of little consequence. The NF is around 1 db per their specs.
I have used it with a TS570 and even a RS HTX10 and able to copy and decode telemetry with no problems. If you have a high end HF rig with good DSP capabilities this will give you an excellent 2 meter satellite downlink station.
A hard to beat price/performance product.