Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Tram 1143 Help

Reviews Summary for Tram 1143
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Base loaded antenna for 40-50 Mhz with NMO mount.

You can write your own review of the Tram 1143.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2014 20:20 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Does a great job on 6 meter SSB from my mobile & ICOM 7000.SWR would not go below about 1.7.1 but even at that the IC-7000 is happy with it & has full output on the SSB portion of the band.I think it cost me $20 or less including shipping NEW from ebay & it was well worth it.If I needed another one I'd buy one of these for that price. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

KC5QFE Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2003 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Another great Tram product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
--In search of a low cost 6 meter mobile antenna (some other brands were too expensive) I turned to this Tram 1143. Though this antenna is rated from 40-50 Mhz, it was easily tuned to work from 50 Mhz to 53 Mhz. Since I purchased this antenna primarily for SSB mobile use around 50.125 - 50.200, it was easily tuned and has been an excellent performer.
--I purchased this antenna from some bloke on Ebay, and have since forgotten his name, but I highly recommend Tram mobile antennas. Thus far, I have put as much as 100 watts (F.M. calling frequency) into this antenna, and, of course, it has had no problems handling this power level. I think it is rated for 200 watts, and is a 1/4 wave.
--For being a brand new, $20 antenna on Ebay, and about 30 states worked via mobile, I am quite satisfied with this antenna...Cheap, small (just a bit over 38 inches when cut to frequency) and tough. They say "you get what you pay for" or something like that, and I agree...I got an excellent antenna for a great price! Oh, I have had this antenna for 2.5 years now, and when not working SSB mobile, it does a super job on a mag-mount on an air conditioning vent inside my apartment. I have worked about 25 states including Hawaii with this little antenna while in that configuration. Cheers!

K5AHH