Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | WB5JIO 2 meter Square Halo Help

Reviews Summary for WB5JIO 2 meter Square Halo
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45
Description: High quality manufacturer of 2M and 432 square halos, the famous "Killer 6", and 2M "Big Wheel".
More info: http://www.dwtulsa.com/

You can write your own review of the WB5JIO 2 meter Square Halo.

KU4VQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2006 19:00 Send this review to a friend
Good mobile antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up my antenna from Howard yesterday, July 8th and was very impressed with the construction and operation. I have the 2 meter/432 with mobile mounting kit and even at 80mph it stays put on the car.

George W1LVL EL99

KC5QFE Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2003 00:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 2 meter omnidirectional antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
--Being in an apartment complex that pretty much frowns upon antennas, I was in search of something small in size, yet did not compromise on performance. I visited http://www.dwtulsa.com and checked out the various 2 meter antennas Howard, WB5JIO, offered for sale. I chose the 2 meter Square Halo. Well, I picked up the antenna from Howard's home, and he's a super nice guy! After installing the Square Halo inside my apartment at 8 feet, not only did I notice greater S-unit readings on my receiver from several hams in the area, MY Xmit signal also improved on the other end as well...by several S-units. Mounted in the same place as my original 2 meter dipole, my new 2 meter Square Halo seems to reject noise quite good. It seemed that no matter what direction that dipole was pointed, it was a much noisier antenna.
--I do not know how much power this antenna is rated for...I have only run 50 watts into it so far. From 144-148 Mhz, the SWR was 1.5:1 or less across the entire band. I am extremely satisfied with this antenna's high quality build. I also purchased from WB5JIO, the hardware so I could mount this antenna on my automobile. Great antenna!