Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | K1FO 432 Help

Reviews Summary for K1FO 432
K1FO 432 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $145.00
Description: Directive Systems K1FO-Design Yagi
More info: http://www.directivesystems.com/

You can write your own review of the K1FO 432.

W4RAA Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Solid performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted to upgrade my UHF antenna, picked up a K1FO 432 antenna that is over 25 years old. Antenna is still is great condition. Mounted on my tower at 45ft and am feeding it with 1/2" Heliax. Light weight for a 14.5 foot boom, low wind surface area (.78 sq ft),with a relatively good lobe width. I am hearing stations I have not heard before as well as talking to them. SWR is 1:1 from 431.500 to 432.300.

The only area that is slightly bothersome to work with is the location of the N connector which makes it difficult to wrap high-quality electrical tape around the connection. I did get the electrical tape wrap on it but it did take a little work in doing so.

If you are looking to install a 432 antenna and find one of these you will not be disappointed.

N3NJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Awsome!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this to get into the local ATV repeater and I always had a P5 Signal. Highly recommend this antenna if you can still find one.....73 N3NJ

N9OO Rating: 3/5 Mar 22, 2007 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Performace great construction OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've read the comments and must say that the K1FO designs are great performers! However, I must disagree with those who feel that these are built to last. Visit the antennas by Gulf Alpha in this same category. Then Visit their website and see what a real quality constructed antennas looks like. There is a night and day difference between the two. I bought a Gulf Alpha antenna about two years ago and I'll never go back to the others! The Gulf Alphas are priced well and will meet the K1FO specs element-to-element.

WM5R Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2000 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent antenna for 70cm with a great pattern.

The elements are designed to attach through the boom using insulators and one-way washers - what this means is that you have to be very careful assembling the antenna, as it is hard to undo a mistake. Fortunately, the antenna comes with the elements already arranged in order on a tape strip, which does make it harder to mess up. Actually getting the elements onto the boom can be painful on the fingers. On the other hand, they will never come lose!

The only other significant complaint is that the location of the N connector makes it impossible to get a clean wrap of high-quality electrical tape around the connection. N connectors are supposed to be water-tight, and so far I haven't noticed any water in the coax, but I'd still prefer to have taped the connection...

WB4UNA Rating: 4/5 Jan 1, 2000 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Built like a Battle Ship  Time owned: unknown months
I had heard about these antennas and all was good comments. I finally got one and I must say this thing is built to last for ever. It went together good and the directions are straight foward.It works great also.I have it at 85' and have made alot of contacts that a friend of mine cannot even hear, he only lives a few miles from me.