Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | PicoKeyer from N0XAS Help

Reviews Summary for PicoKeyer from N0XAS
PicoKeyer from N0XAS Reviews: 93 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $17.99
Description: Completely self-contained version of the original PicoKeyer, first introduced in 2003. The PicoKeyer features four memories, all connections and power on board (no external wiring needed), speed control, simple one-button menu based setup, beacon mode, and much more.
Keying modes supported are iambic A and B, Ultimatic, Bug and straight key/cootie. Hands-free tuneup mode lets you tune with either constant key-down or 50% duty cycle dits. Easy, quick assembly make this a great club or group build project!
More info: http://www.hamgadgets.com

You can write your own review of the PicoKeyer from N0XAS.

ZL2AIM Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Great keyer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Kit arrived in New Zealand 9 days after ordering.
Took 15 minutes to solder it up and 20 minutes to program. This is my second Ultra Pico kit from N0XAS. He has updated the software and this latest version is 1.6

The product is great value for money. I am exclusively a CW operator and use these memory keyers for my IC 706MKIIG, FT817, FT101ZD and OHR100A

Keep a copy of the instructions in case you need to reprogram anything.
Very happy with this keyer.
ZL2AIM

N4OI Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2015 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Why Any Other?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great keyer at a nominal price! If you need a keyer, buy the kit. Build it into a boat anchor, Altoids tin, cereal box -- anything goes! Use a 12V supply if available, else the battery, which seems to last six months regardless of usage.

I love using paddles and this is like getting grits with breakfast...

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI :>)

HB9ABX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2015 04:59 Send this review to a friend
perfect keyer with memeory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Obtained kit in short time. Easy build the KIT in 30 minutes.Testing with RBN and obtained during 3 minutes over 50 reports. CW functions are very helping. Reading the instruction of ulta picokyer is important!
See here:
best 73 Felix HB9ABX

AG6QR Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2014 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Tiny, works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Placed my order, and within three hours had a tracking number confirming that the item had shipped. Received it two days later. Quick and easy assembly with good instructions, though it has typically small through-hole parts which might pose problems if your vision or dexterity is impaired.

I bought this because I'm learning CW, and will be taking an international trip soon, where I can't legally operate. To keep my training up, I wanted a tiny code practice oscillator to use with my porta-paddles. This fits the bill perfectly.

The enclosure is well worth it if you want to make the package small and tidy. Since the circuit board has jacks at one end and controls on the other, you'll have trouble finding another enclosure of the proper size. The customized enclosure fits perfectly and doesn't require any cutting or drilling for assembly.

The built-in speaker isn't really loud enough, but I knew that from reading other reviews. It works when I'm in a quiet place, though. I just may build another one of these, adding in an amplifier and larger speaker (with a bigger battery to power the amplifier) in a bigger enclosure.

I have also home-built an arduino shield to use with the K3NG Arduino radioartisan keyer software. That is a very full-featured keyer, with very customizable software, and ability to add on an LCD screen keyboard, and other hardware. But my homebrew hardware for it is bigger, more power hungry, and uglier than this little picokeyer, and it took more time to build, and more money for the parts.

PA1ZP Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
still FB after 5yrs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi to you

I have these little pico's now for over 6 yrs.
Still in use with original battery.

Now use it on may TS590 parallel to my Vibroplex bug.

It is small good and cheap.
recieved keyers 5 days after ordering from US.
building was easy fast and simple.

Only work rag chew a few times a week.
Unbelievable that the battery still works after 6 yrs
73 Jos

KC1CGR Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Easy to build, easy to use, great keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A super simple kit to build, and a excellent full featured keyer. I used this kit to replace the broken iambic functionality in a Yaesu FT-757 and it works like a champ.

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2013 20:38 Send this review to a friend
GREAT?  Time owned: more than 12 months
What more is there to say? My second one, plays with the big boys @ a fraction of the cost. Arrived 3 days after order. Note: shipping reflected cost, not gouging.

N4QA Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2011 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Best keyer I've owned so far !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The HamGadgets PicoKeyer-Plus is the keyer I've always wanted.
Internal battery power supply
Superb iambic timing...I prefer mode B.
Beacon mode !
Flexible interfacing
Convenient programming & message selection
Compact form factor.
Good looks
Inexpensive

I built the PicoKeyer-Plus and the UKA-3 Universal Keying Adapter on Friday, 16 DEC 2011.
Selected the AC output option for the UKA-3.

Using the combo to key my favorite rigs:
Meissner Signal Shifter, model EX
NorCal FCC-2
Icom IC-703
Kenwood TS-440S

Planning to use them with many other rigs too.

A big THANK YOU! to Dale, N0XAS

Bill, N4QA

VA7PL Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 15:28 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BEACON KEYER  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have built 3 and they are all working great 24 hours a day on my ve4ten beacon and va7pl beacon one is on a high rise in winnipeg and one on a mountain. never had them quit in two years of 24hour operation. even when the power has been due to power interuptions they come right back on with the beacon message. had 3 mfj memory keyers for my beacons and always had to go to the site and re-program the beacon message after there 9 volt battery died. best keyer for a beacon I have seen Great service too from Dale.

N2JDQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Follow-Up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've has this Pico-keyer for over 2 years, and it fit my bill well, Small , compact and the price was very right. A few weeks ago it developed an issue, and the support from Dale was fantastic, he fixxed the keyer, and had it back to me very quick. Support was there when I needed it, and I would reccomend it to any one needing a simple to use, low power consumption keyer. When I am ready to get a more feature rich keyer, I will look to him for his other product,s as support was 1st class.