Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TS-60 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TS-60
Kenwood TS-60 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,199.00
Description: 6 Meter all mode
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-60.

AC5JV Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2002 09:47 Send this review to a friend
excellent proformance  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought ts-60 used have worked over 100 grids U.S and 25 grids forgein including Japan Using just 3-element yagi@35feet I own ts-570 hf only in conjuction with the ts-60 good combo.

K1HC Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2002 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Quality and Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had two TS-60's, selling my first to buy my current one, which has the 500 HZ CW filter. Another reviewer makes the point that you can buy a multiband radio with 6 meters, such as the TS-570, for about the same price as the TS-60. Very true, but that indicates the quality that went into the design, parts, and building of this radio and explains its demand among dedicated 6 meter operators. My IC-706MKII doesn't stand up to my TS-60 in selectivity, sensitivity, and rejection of strong adjacent signals during contests. While it lacks the DSP I have on my TS-2000X and TSB-2000, it is also a lot less $$$ than those two radios. One heck of a radio if you can find one on the used market!

LA6MV Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2002 11:33 Send this review to a friend
great radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Mine is second hand and in very good condition.
Is mostly used portable/mobile from rare squares in the summer time. Has what is needed for this operation in a small package. Performance is excellent, compared with the IC-706 Mk I and FT-690. FT-900+TV50/28+PA+power+cables.. was too complicated. Audio sounds good both on transmit and receive. Parts and build quality is great. Must have cost Kenwood a lot to build it like this. This radio will stay with me.
Have never seen the reported heat problem.

WB9YCJ Rating: 4/5 Aug 18, 2001 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced, Replaced with 570SG  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very overpriced when sold new. Not popular in number of sales due to this. Initially acquired one and then decided to replace it in favor of the 570SG. Why ? A Kenwood factory rep told me it cost Kenwood the same to manufacture a TS-60 as it does a TS-50 and this was the reason for its demise. And that for nearly the same "chunk" of money "you could by a nice 570SG" with 6 meters and get the "same performance as the TS-60". Basically, I got tired of having all that money tied up in a single band unit when I could have a nice 570SG for nearly the same price. TS-60 was a very good radio with arguably a heat issue in the P.A. PCB.

M1DRK Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2001 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its just a fantastic radio had FT-920 but the
ts60 beats it hands down.

WB4UNA Rating: 2/5 May 12, 2000 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Needs help  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned the TS-60 for around 3 years..I liked the small size of the radio but it had heat problems. I had a proplem with the final board getting to hot and pulling the traces off the board. It also was a double sided board and it would lose conection between the top and bottom trace..If you did not run it hard you were ok, as I found out , it worked ok..Kenwood wanted 400.00 for new board..