Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Computer Automation Technology CAT-250 Help

Reviews Summary for Computer Automation Technology CAT-250
Computer Automation Technology CAT-250 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $249.00
Description: Repeater Controller With Sophisticated Remote Base and/or Linking Operation At An Affordable Price.
More info: http://www.catauto.com/cat250.html

You can write your own review of the Computer Automation Technology CAT-250.

K4RCC Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2009 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Great controller!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my 250 for about 4 years now.. Got hit by ligntning once, and Ron sent me a couple of ICs I found bad, and that got it going.. It's nice that things are non surface mount. Uses commonly available parts, and ICs are in sockets for easy replacement. Software updates are online, and easy to load. Works wonderfully well for IRLP. I have my node on the link port. The real time clock is amazingly accruate.

The only thing I'd do to improve it is way the ID level is set. It seems to be non-adjustable, and you tailor your audio, link, and voice levels around it.. Not a biggie though.. Works just fine.

I recommend to anyone looking for a solid controller..

KC2GOW Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2006 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Great for $$  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the controller in service for about a year or so and it is working great. I have never had a problem programming or operating the 250 at all. We have two CAT-250's and a CAT-400 in service and haven't burped since they were first plugged in.

It does exactly what it was designed to do, you gotta love a company that can produce those results.

If your in the NYC area, 445.125 and 445.550 (PL-141.3 -5.000MHz) are both running 250's.

K4SHP Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2003 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Controller For The Money!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First of all let me say that I recieved my CAT-250 before they were released for sales. In the beginning there were a few bugs in the controller and programming software but that was to be expected with a new product.

This controller is amazing it has everything that you could possible want in a controller execpt for an autopatch. Programming is easy and the manual gives clear directions for each step.

Ron and Al at CAT are excellent to work with. Every time I have a problem or just can't figure out how to make the controller do something they always have an answer and are very eager to help.

All in all I have done a lot of looking around for controllers and have finally decided that the CAT-250 is the best "Bang for your Buck" controller out there.

Ron and Al have made my experience with C.A.T. such a pleasure that I will probably never buy form anyone else.