Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Kuranishi BR 210 Help

Reviews Summary for Kuranishi BR 210
Kuranishi BR 210 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $499.95
Description: HF SWR/Impedance meter
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/meters/1457.html

You can write your own review of the Kuranishi BR 210.

VK2LEE Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2014 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Best accessory I have ever bought  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well, I've always wanted an Antenna Analyzer [for 28 years] and I just happened to see a BR-210 for sale. The owner had purchased it in Japan. I had never heard of the Kuranishi brand but it looked like a Quality unit. I'm happy I bought the BR-210 and I've used it continually since Dec 2013. This is an excellent quality accessory and It does everything it should. AS soon as You pick it up You can tell this IS a Quality made unit. The BR-210 has a button labelled GATE TIME which changes the Frequency Counter to - SLOW or FAST - If the Yagi antenna You are testing has a bad connection [eg- loose element pieces] then naturally the frequency will be changing. Maybe this was the problem that the Ham who gave a bad score had?? I have nothing but praise for this antenna analyzer.. 10/10
Lee VK2LEE

VA3HRY Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2011 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Accurate!Looks good,and thanks to this unit, I'm popular with hams in my area.

K3TP Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2007 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Great SWR analyzer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found one of these through "mail order japan" on the web, which will purchase hard to find equipment and send it to you via express mail. The unit works as advertised. The unit is well made, and works fine in the intense heat of an arizona summer. I have not had any issues with it, and the readings are accurate. The only bad point is that it is no longer distributed in the U.S., and you have to resort to buying one in Japan.

K7TST Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2007 23:47 Send this review to a friend
love it  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm so happy I got this thing, I LOVE IT !! 73's K7TST

KB9VRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2006 07:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Analyzer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this for two years. High quality solid unit. Its turned out to be one of the most used items in my shack.

AL7AZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2006 21:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Test Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for over two years now and it's worked flawlessly. I also own an AEA CIA-HF, which is certainly a nice product, but I find that I don't use that nearly as much as the BR210. That's primarily because the BR210 covers not only HF but also VHF (at least up to 174MHz). I started out using this only for amateur purposes but have ended up using it in my business too, which is LMR (Land-Mobile Radio) sales, installation, and support. It's a great tool, very reliable, and easy to use. It works fine in cold weather - used it recently to tune antenna's on a couple mobile rigs in single digit temp's. The BR210 makes antenna tuning a breeze. Every ham should own one of these. Highly recommended!

KA3NXN Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2006 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have one that I received for xmas 2005. I have tuned over 20 antennas with is and, also had it checked out with our cal lab. I work for a large government contractor and we have all the neat toys. This unit is so accurate that our lab guys are looking at purchasing several. The MFJ pieces of junk do not even hold a candle to this unit, and this is a gross understatement. Definitely worth the price. Again I also don't know what the guy that reviewed this in 2003 was doing wrong or he had a defective unit.

PIPKIN Rating: 0/5 Nov 6, 2003 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Great as a paperweight  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tested according to manufacturers instructions 3rd November 2003, returned for refund 6th November.

This product does not like cold weather. The frequency displayed will not settle when used at 13 degrees Celsius even after 10 hours acclimatisation and an hour switched on to warm-up, so forget any field use. This is not a slow drift, but a random and rapidly changing display, too fast to view the numbers to record them. The frequencies displayed are not even within the range of frequencies selected using the rotary switch.

Am I expecting too much? Not when the product is advertised as of 'professional' quality. Something is wrong here. Service department of the supplier was heard to comment 'not another one' when I tried to get assistance and described the problem.

The Impedance meter will not 'zero' on 50 Ohms with the supplied dummy load and cannot be adjusted indepedently of the SWR. The impedance 'zero' varies according to the ambient temperature.

Prettier than the MFJ version certainly, but expensive as an ornament.