Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Hamstick 2meter Co-linear Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Hamstick 2meter Co-linear Mobile Antenna
Hamstick 2meter Co-linear Mobile Antenna Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: Honest 4.5 Db gain
1000 watts DC
Very stiff black tapered stainless steel whip
Rugged fiberglass base section
Base fitting is 3/8 inch X 24 TPI
Length approximately 7 feet for 2 Meters
More info: http://www.hamstick.com

You can write your own review of the Hamstick 2meter Co-linear Mobile Antenna.

K5LDL Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2003 12:29 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Antenna for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, the folks who make those great HamStick HF whips make an EXCELLENT Vhf and Uhf whip as well. They make both a 5/8 wave and a colinear whip for 144, 220, and 440 based on their HF Hamstick. I've used both models for 2m and 70cm. I am impressed with their solid performance, strength, cost value, and overall workmanship. I've used the 7' colinear model on the roof of my truck with a tri-mag mount at speeds of just under 80mph. It has survived big rigs passing me without folding over. It's construction is such that it keeps itself vertical. I've also mounted it on my rear bumper on a 3/8" mount when travelling in 4x4 country. it flexed, it weaved and it survived. For true wide open country radio ops, it's 4.5 dB gain numbers reflect that in its ability to push out a signal. Add in too that it can handle 1000 watts and you have a a great piece of antenna equipment just waiting to handle those FM chores! Its stainless steel whip can take a few drive-thru restaurant low clearnces with aplomb. I've used both the 2 meter version and 70cm without ANY problems. I wholeheartedly suggest this product!

The very best of 73,