Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Behringer UB-802 Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer UB-802
Behringer UB-802 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $59.99
Description: Four channel mixer/ three band EQ with 48 volt phantom power.
More info: http://www.Behringer.com

You can write your own review of the Behringer UB-802.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2014 21:33 Send this review to a friend
Great audio reports!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Found a brand new UB802 in a pawnshop for $30. Took it home and connected it to my Heil PR-781 and after making some audio cables to go between the mixer and my 2 radios(IC-9100,IC-2720) the compliments on my audio started pouring in. Great little mixer! 10 thumbs up! Highly recommended!

KB3ZAX Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2012 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Big Sound for the $$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After seeing edisode #36 of Ham Nation with Bob Heil I decided to try out the Berriger 802 with my TS-2000 and the Heil 781 mic. With a little help from some friends on a simplex HF frequency we started the tuning proceess of lows, mids and highs. I'm recieving great audio reports. Just about everyone is asking me what type of rig I'm running. It sure is nice to fist in line during a pile up.

KG8LB Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Very useful,well made  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works well indeed !

This is an excellent selection. Not originally designed gor HA/CB use it may have features not used or needed but these are in addition to the very useful features we do look for .
If you happen to be experiencing RF infiltration issues it is very likely you should be correcting your antenna/station ground issues.

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2007 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I also use an 802 in the shack using a Behringer dynamic mic feeding the balanced modulator directly in my TS850. I have no problems with feedback in the shack. Only problem I noticed was with the mixer hooked up I would get RF in my audio when operating PSK mode into the 13 pin DIN on the back of the radio. Just for kicks I thought I would try feeding the soundcard output into one chaneel of the mixer so this way both my mic audio and the PSK audio feed the modulator directly. It works! with no RF feedback. The level control on the mixer is also a great way to adjust my power out when using PSK31. Only drawback I see to the mixer, is since it was designed to be used in a live music field, the EQ frequencies are not the greatest for SSB audio. The low, 80 hz is great for bringing in a bit of low end and the mid is great for DXing, but the high at 12 Khz is useless. Would be nice to see a mod to lower this frequency down to the 3 Khz range and drop the mid to 1000 Hz.

For the price you can't go wrong, but they should have included a power switch!

VE3TMT

M0MRR Rating: 4/5 Oct 12, 2007 05:52 Send this review to a friend
It works ok  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This simple 8 input mixer only cost 39.00 GBP, but works really well in my application. I first used it to power a Behringer B-1 condenser mic - which required a 48V supply phantom supply. The 802 mixer provides this supply as well as a pre-amp as well as a 3 band EQ. Since the B-1, I have moved on to a Heil PR-781 dynamic microphone and the 802 continues to provide a nice feed to my SDR radio. I have had no issues with RF feedback - but then all my cables are shielded and have ferrites fitted.

There are probably better mixers but I think the 802 is a product that works and is good value for money!

W5DJA Rating: 2/5 May 9, 2007 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Bought based eham reviews  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this XENYX 802 based on reviews on eham. This piece of eqt is better than my ratshck reciever for rf from as far away as 1/4 mi. Useless in my shack.And don't even think about an amp on line.
Eqt here is Ten Tec Jup, ocf ant at 35 ft and small
811 amp at 600w. As everyone knows, Ten Tec gear must have an excellent or better rf suppresion system in place to work without distortion on audio.
Not a problem here normally. Behringer is useless. Should have bought a W2IHY EQ-plus. But, I must say 802's price was excellent.

KC9CS Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2007 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding piece of gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Xenyx 802, which I suppose is the successor to the UB-802. They look identical but the documents on the Xenyx series claim they are based upon the 'British EQ' legendary circuitry used in Britain and reknowned for their warm and musical sound character. Okay. All I know is that the mic preamp gives a healthy boost to my microphone(s), and the 3 band EQ helps to shape the signal fed to my W2IHY EQ Plus audio console and finally to my rig. Result: outstanding audio. The Xenyx 802 has 130 db of dynamic range, a bandwidth from below 10hz to over 200khz and is a low noise unit. I haven't found a microphone that won't work with this mixer/eq console. Price is outstanding too -- about $55 dollars. I compared a few others but the reviews here and the price made the decision easy. Highly recommendable piece of equipment.

N3JBH Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2006 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Amazing simply amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Amazing simply amazing

Really best I can say about this product

K6IOU Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2006 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Makes Audio Level Adjustments Easy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mixer for two reasons. I needed 48v. phantom power for some studio mics I have laying around and I also wanted two mic inputs so that I can leave mics in two different operating positions. The $50 price tag helped too.

I feed the output from the mixer into the back of my Icom 756PROII [ACC jack]. The cable from one mic is 18' long. The cables from the other mic to mixer and from the mixer to the rig are approximately 3' long.

I have had no problems with RF or ground loops. Always receive good audio reports.

DON
K6IOU

VK4APN Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2005 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Cant beat the price/performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use mine with the B1 microphone. You WILL have to apply some rf taming methods i.e. beads on leads. Great to be able to monitor your audio before it gets to the rig - if your can hear your fan or a/c so will everyone else.