Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Behringer UB-802 Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer UB-802
Behringer UB-802 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $59.99
Description: Four channel mixer/ three band EQ with 48 volt phantom power.
More info: http://www.Behringer.com

You can write your own review of the Behringer UB-802.

W9RPE Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2005 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using my 802 for a couple years now with various mics and audio gadgets. It's the only piece of audio gear I haven't sold and replaced!

I've settled on the UB-802, Behringer Voice Processor, DOD 31 band eq and Marshall MXL990 mic for my IC-756ProII.

Works well and you can not beat the quality/price ratio.

73'

GM0OTS Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2005 11:42 Send this review to a friend
GOOD VALUE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
THE UB802+B1 CONDENSER MIKE IS BEST BIT OF KIT I HAVE ADDED TO MY SET UP,I PAID 118 for mc60a YEAR'S AGO AND WORKED THAT INTO TS850,I PAID LESS THAN THAT FOR BOTH BEHRINGER ITEM'S AND ARE FAR MORE VERSITILE TO SET YOUR AUDIO,I WORK BOTH TO MY TS870,IF YOU WANT VALUE FOR MONEY EQ+STUDIO GEAR LOOK NO FURTHER THAN UB802+B1.

W9RPE Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2005 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
It added just the little bit of gain I needed to drive my 756ProII with a Heil GM4. Nice to have the three band EQ as well. Also work well with my MXL 990 mic and Behringer voice processor. I don't understand the comment on only being a three band eq. I guess if you need/want 8 bands of eq'ing, you buy a mixer with 8 bands!!! What do ya expect for $59.00?

N1WBD Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2005 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Mixer!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought and installed the UB802 with a Radio Shack Dynamic mic (the $20 one) and the setup works great for me. One note remember the UB802 was not designed to work in a RF environment so you may experience some rf getting into your audio on some bands. Installing toroids on the all mic and audio and power supply lines recommended. All in all still this unit rates a 5 in my opinion.

G0ISW Rating: 4/5 Jan 9, 2005 01:42 Send this review to a friend
Good value, but limited EQ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like experimenting with ESSB audio on the Amateur HF bands so I purchased the excellent Behringer B1 microphone and this matching Behringer UB-802 mixer. It is a good value mixer and has all the basic features you need to supply 48v and adjust TX and RX audio, but it is only a 3 band equaliser i.e. LO, MID and HI and doesn't have the necessary 8 bands, which are recommended to truly get your audio right. You can of course get other models which will give you the full range of adjustements, but at a higher price. it really depends how far you want to go with audio experimentation. I am very pleased with my UB-802 and would recommend it.

N4DEK Rating: 4/5 Feb 9, 2004 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Good Unit But Limited  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the $50 price I suppose I can't complain too much but the 3 band EQ is very limited in it's adjustment range. Mic pre does work great. Inputs/outputs give you alot of options to easily add an outboard recorder ect. I'll be going back to the Symetrix 528E for my needs though.

AB4VV Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2004 20:47 Send this review to a friend
Best Bang For The Buck In Mixers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a quality made unit. It has all the features of mixers costing 5 times as much. If your are serious about getting good audio in a 3khz bandwith this mixer with a good studio quality mic will get you there. I am also a musician and have used mixers and studio quality mics and I have to rate this small Behringer UB802 right up there with the best of them. Also, for the $50.00 price tag its really a deal.

As for the misguided idea of having to use a transformer to get back to mic level at the mic input to your radio forget it! Just use the main mix control and keep your alc in normal range. The main mix control does not affect the sonic range of the eq or the FX send and return.

Good luck,

73 AB4VV

KC8PRZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2003 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Great mixer.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Two weeks ago I bought a Behringer UB-802 mixer for $49.94 from the Guitar Center. It has 2 mono inputs and 2 for left and right channel operation. The unit has 48 volt phantom power and is ultra quiet overall. The unit also has a built in microphone preamp which works very well. Build quality is excellent and has silky smooth pot controls. I am very happy with the UB-802 and incourage it's use. It looks as impressive as it also works.